Options

DC10 Tanker - Fly-by Dutch Veteren Day 2008

HauerHauer Registered Users Posts: 550 Major grins
edited July 4, 2008 in Sports
Hi - Would like to share some shots with you of a fly-by organised this afternoon on behalf of the Dutch Veterans. The DC10-Tanker featured belongs to the Royal Dutch Air Force.

Photos were taken from my apartment balcony...

Cheers - Herman
My motto: To learn more today, than I knew yesterday!

Nikon gear & some lenses.

Comments

• Options
    edited June 28, 2008

• Options
    edited June 28, 2008

• Options
    fire1035fire1035 Registered Users Posts: 208 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2008
    What a beautiful aircraft. It's a shame that the new tankers that the USAF will be getting will not come from an American company. Soon they will be made by Airbus.
  • Options
    moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,419 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2008
    Nice shots, Herman. It's great to be able to go to an airshow without leaving the house :D I'm an old KC-135 driver, so it's always good to see some love for the tanker community!
    fire1035 wrote:
    What a beautiful aircraft. It's a shame that the new tankers that the USAF will be getting will not come from an American company. Soon they will be made by Airbus.

And maybe not...
  • Options
    fire1035fire1035 Registered Users Posts: 208 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2008
    moose135 wrote:

And maybe not...

I keep hoping! The Extender (even though it's not a Boeing aircraft) and Stratotanker have served so well. Why not let Boeing have another crack at it. thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2, 2008
    moose135 wrote:
    Nice shots, Herman. It's great to be able to go to an airshow without leaving the house :D I'm an old KC-135 driver, so it's always good to see some love for the tanker community!

And maybe not...

Hi Moose, thank you for your comment. Talking about love for the tanker community, here's a shot dating back to 2006...
    Link: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?p=330092#post330092
    You may have seen it...
    Also attempted a multimedia photo presentation (my first!) Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATddt-Z5DnU also showing the tanker & more. Make sure your speaker volume has been turned on!

Cheers - Herman

• Options
    jonh68jonh68 Registered Users Posts: 2,711 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2008
    fire1035 wrote:

Boeing doesn't have complete USA made parts either. Northrop Grumman is a USA company and the lead manufacturer. They have made planes that some may have heard of like the B2 and the f-14. So unless Boeing will make the parts and assemble everything in the usa, that is not a completely factual statement.

The Boeing proposal will support 44,000 current and existing jobs. The existing is the key here as they would exist if Boeing doesn't get the contract. The Airbus would create about 27,000 new jobs in the USA.