edited June 29, 2008 in Journeys
319677719_jytou-X3.jpg

Taken with Nikon D200 and 24-85 lens

Comments

• Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2008
    Was this a from a journey?

I like the lines the clouds are making, but the water looks polluted.
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    DVDMDVDM Registered Users Posts: 61 Big grins
    edited June 25, 2008
    Was this a from a journey?

I like the lines the clouds are making, but the water looks polluted.

Yes, it was my journey to SPb. The water is not polluted, it's melting ice mwink.gif
  • Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2008
    oh groovy! Any more from the journey? mwink.gif

That's melting ice??
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    edited June 25, 2008
    oh groovy! Any more from the journey? mwink.gif

That's melting ice??

Yes, it is mwink.gif Want more ? I have it nod.gif

319677404_gveXv-X3.jpg
  • Options
    jasonstonejasonstone Registered Users Posts: 735 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2008
    Lots more please :D
    My wife and I have always wanted to visit St Petersburg - but not yet managed it - maybe soon....
  • Options
    edited June 25, 2008
    jasonstone wrote:
    Lots more please :D
    My wife and I have always wanted to visit St Petersburg - but not yet managed it - maybe soon....

As you wish =) But contact me before you will go there, I'll tell you what to do in order to protect your camera mwink.gif

319677193_VnG66-X3.jpg
  • Options
    Howard BarlowHoward Barlow Registered Users Posts: 118 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2008
    For one thing, don't take the metro without a friend. In January of '04, I was carrying my F5 in a small camera bag on my shoulder. I was wearing a heavy coat, with the drawstrings pulled around the bottom.

It was crowded, as I reached the glass exit doors. I went to the door against the wall. A guy on the other side, blocked the door, as 3 of his friends jammed me up from the rear. I could feel one trying to pull the bag off my shoulder, as another was trying to get my wallet. However, he couldn't get to my pocket, as it was under the coat.

I immediately turned and hit the one right behind me, in the nose. Talk about surprised. The reaction stunned him as much as the punch. I may have been 57, but I'm not a victim. About that time, my Russian friend turned and saw what was happening. He came back, arms flying. They thought I was alone.

The whole response really stunned them. After about 6-8 seconds, they backed off, standing there like deer in the headlights, staring at us, wondering what had just happened. Their plan wasn't coming together. As there was such a ruckus, they ran out, fearing the metro police would see them.

I was there again in January of '06. During the day, I walked all over, alone, with my Mk2n. It was cold, but sunny. We were at the Renaissance Baltic, around the corner from St. Issac's Cathedral. After dark, my wife insisted my friend go with me. Staying out of the metro, there was no trouble this time.

I really need to post some of those images some day.

Oh, I forgot to say, I love the images, Dimitri. I've been to Russia about 20 times since '99, in all the seasons. I absolutely love it.
    You don’t pay me by the hour. You pay for the years of hard work that made it possible for me to paint such a picture in only one hour! Pablo Picasso
  • Options
    edited June 26, 2008
    Howard Barlow: Thank you ! That's all true ! There's gang, working at central metro stations, specialized in photo gear. And looks like police in deal with them :cry They even don't want to take written applications from victims. We have big forum in Russia about it... people trying to find their cameras and lens using serial numbers... So, that's the other side of SPb beauty
  • Options
    edited June 29, 2008
    321133538_dCzGo-X3.jpg