Options

default settings in slideshow

AOguruAOguru Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
edited April 3, 2005 in SmugMug Support
I am brand new.
Have searched around and not found an answer to this question.

Is it possible to change the default settings in the Slideshow menu bar when selected by a viewer? I have a power user account and know some HTML.

e.g. can the pop-up be 'filename' and checked, 'fade' unchecked, 'duration' be 2 sec, 'size' be large?

While I am at it, the fullscreen mode looks pixelated compared to Large. This is even with very large files (3-5 MB) that have 8 Mp resolution. What am I dong wrong?

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Options
    {JT}{JT} Registered Users Posts: 1,016 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2005
    At this time there is no way to change the slideshow settings on your end. Default choices are a result of your settings for the gallery (showing filename or not) and their size choices for the site.

Fullscreen does not use your original images - modem users would have to wait 10 mins or so for each image to show up if that were true. We simply rescale the Large size.
  • Options
    edited April 3, 2005
    Thanks for the quick reply.

So, in customize gallery I have Filenames checked Yes but in two browsers (Firefox and Safari) the default in the slideshow menu bar is still 'Caption'

Also, if 'Viewer controlled' is selected for Style on the customize page, what is the default action when a viewer first selects the gallery? It appears to be Elegant, but I notice once I have selected a different style it seems to stick on the next return to the gallery. Is this somehow in the viewer's cache or what?

thanks for your help

I have done a lot of looking through Help and on this forum for answers and do try my best to find an answer before asking.
  • Options
    {JT}{JT} Registered Users Posts: 1,016 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2005
    Caption will always be default, yes. Filename appears as an option depending on if you allow them to be seen.

The style choice you refer to in Customzing is about the color choice for the site that appears up top, not the gallery template. To force a gallery template, pick one in the customize gallery tool.

And yes, default is Elegant (or Elegant small), but the site remembers what your last choice was and uses that unless the gallery owner has forced a template.
    AOguru wrote:
    Thanks for the quick reply.

So, in customize gallery I have Filenames checked Yes but in two browsers (Firefox and Safari) the default in the slideshow menu bar is still 'Caption'

Also, if 'Viewer controlled' is selected for Style on the customize page, what is the default action when a viewer first selects the gallery? It appears to be Elegant, but I notice once I have selected a different style it seems to stick on the next return to the gallery. Is this somehow in the viewer's cache or what?

thanks for your help

I have done a lot of looking through Help and on this forum for answers and do try my best to find an answer before asking.
  • Options
    edited April 3, 2005
    {JT},

Thanks for the help, really appreciate it.

I have heard great things about Smugmug being so responsive, its apparently true.