Options

At the exams (9 img)

Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
edited July 3, 2008 in People
Dear friends!
Forgive me for not commenting to your posts - hope very soon I'll have some free time :-)
I was invited (as usual during last 2 years) to take some photos at the exams at the Academy of Arts.
Stage movement.
As you understand I couldnt use flash - so all photos made with Sony R1 only :-)
Terrible combination of daylight lamps at the hight ceiling and dull day light from the windows... So sometimes I use even ISO 3200
7144.jpg
7147.jpg
7150.jpg
7171.jpg
7177.jpg
7180.jpg
7169.jpg
7179.jpg
7182.jpg

Again I must say thanks to Sony R1 for its noiseless!

Spasibo,
Yuri

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,937 moderator
    edited July 2, 2008
    Nice set, Yuri. I keep flipping back and forth on the grain in #2...I didn't like it at first but now I do. The last is my favorite--wonderful light and interesting composition.

Cheers,
  • Options
    akrabakrab Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
    edited July 2, 2008
    Wonderful! I really enjoyed seeing these!
  • Options
    LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2008
    The tough lighting worked really well in 3. Just lovely.

I love, love, love number 8!! thumb.gifclap.gif The energy of the image just reached out and grabbed me. Great capture.
  • Options
    WildWallyWildWally Registered Users Posts: 494 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2008
    Very well done !!!!!clap.gif
  • Options
    erson83erson83 Registered Users Posts: 186 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2008
    I like the noise. Now I have no clue what to do to shots after I shoot them (post processing) but I think the noise here gives it a gritty, urban feel. I wouldn't change it if I could. Sometimes we try to over produce things. It's just like with music recordings, sometimes people like the raw sound of a not so perfect studio created product. Well done
  • Options
    goofrygoofry Registered Users Posts: 103 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2008
    Well, you certainly did good with a difficult lighting situation. I actually really like the feel of these images. Most of the images have a very "classic" feel to them. (and I mean that in a very good way)

Nicely done. thumb.gif
    Goofry

http://www.spotlightpicture.com

A bunch of Canon Stuff.
  • Options
    evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2008
    Nice. I like 8 the most, also 1, 2 and 5.
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com
  • Options
    Karrie McDKarrie McD Registered Users Posts: 372 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2008
    number 2, I really really like it a lot!!
    "Whether you think you can or you can't, you are right."
  • Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2008
    Embrace the grain!!!! It works wonderfully with this set of shots! I honestly think the grain enhances these particular images. Great expressions...such intensity and purpose. Nice set, Yuri! I can't pick a favorite. thumb.gif