Options

Someone Else's Pics in my Check-out!?

gundoggundog Registered Users Posts: 161 Major grins
edited July 3, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I just tested a new gallery and the check-out process. Upon doing so, an overlay (appears to be on top of mine) of a Michael Henderson photo was presented.

From www.mtstringer.smugmug.com???

I have NOT been drinking so what's up with that? :scratch

ScreenShot001-13.jpg

EDIT:Same results in other smugmug sites! Michael is gonna be rich off that one pic!

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2008
    gundog wrote:
    I just tested a new gallery and the check-out process. Upon doing so, an overlay (appears to be on top of mine) of a Michael Henderson photo was presented.

From www.mtstringer.smugmug.com???

I have NOT been drinking so what's up with that? headscratch.gif

EDIT:Same results in other smugmug sites! Michael is gonna be rich off that one pic!
    Try clearing your cookies and see if it happens again. The cart is saved in a cookie.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited July 2, 2008
    Allen wrote:
    Try clearing your cookies and see if it happens again. The cart is saved in a cookie.

Shaazaam! Thanks Allen - indeed worked. Wouldn't the same issue arise each time for any user who gets 'cookied' from one check-out to the next?
  • Options
    jasonscottphotojasonscottphoto Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2008
    gundog wrote:
    Shaazaam! Thanks Allen - indeed worked. Wouldn't the same issue arise each time for any user who gets 'cookied' from one check-out to the next?

I believe this is how it is meant to work - you can order from more than one photographer in one check out/shopping cart session.
    Posts by Allyson, the wife/assistant...

Jason Scott Photography | Blog | FB | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
  • Options
    edited July 2, 2008
    Really? That seems counter-intuitive to me so bear with me. If I shop in ABC.smugmug.com today and then shop in XYZ.smugmug tomorrow...why would the ABC photo show up when checking out of XYZ's site unless I cleared cookies?

So I just went to your site and started to checkout the turtle shot (nice pic!). And now I am presented with a cart from a previous cart experience from my own site from yesterday?

ScreenShot001-14.jpg
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2008
    gundog wrote:
    Really? That seems counter-intuitive to me so bear with me. If I shop in ABC.smugmug.com today and then shop in XYZ.smugmug tomorrow...why would the ABC photo show up when checking out of XYZ's site unless I cleared cookies?

So I just went to your site and started to checkout the turtle shot (nice pic!). And now I am presented with a cart from a previous cart experience from my own site from yesterday?
    There is only one cart cookie so it will save every photo from any site.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2008
    Allen wrote:
    There is only one cart cookie so it will save every photo from any site.
    15524779-Ti.gif Unless you empty your cart, finish the transaction (check out), or clear the cookie, your items will remain in your cart. Click here for a little more info on how SmugMug uses Cookies
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • Options
    edited July 3, 2008
    Got it - thanks guys. Just curious...does this unicart feature ever create confusion for your buyers? I've held up just shy of finishing payment many times for online purchases (for a variety of reasons).

Because we share a common cart...is there any downstream effect for that order i.e. one site delays order on proofing and another does not?

This may be no-big-deal but am trying to anticipate (or not) any buyer maintenance issues associated with a smugmug cart versus a gundogphotos cart.
  • Options
    sbresslersbressler Registered Users Posts: 148 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2008
    gundog wrote:
    Got it - thanks guys. Just curious...does this unicart feature ever create confusion for your buyers? I've held up just shy of finishing payment many times for online purchases (for a variety of reasons).

Because we share a common cart...is there any downstream effect for that order i.e. one site delays order on proofing and another does not?

This may be no-big-deal but am trying to anticipate (or not) any buyer maintenance issues associated with a smugmug cart versus a gundogphotos cart.
    I could see how this could cause confusion, but at the same time it saves those people who do buy from multiple SMs at the same time multiple shipping charges.

And from the proof delay help page: "On orders that involve more than one pro who has proof-delay in effect, the ship it button will not appear. The order will ship on the day noted."

That doesn't totally answer your question, though. Basically the order will wait till all pros proof delay ends. I guess this could be up to 7 days?