Options

Collages

photocreationsphotocreations Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
edited July 9, 2008 in Finishing School
I am working on some collages and I truly am a novice at this but am having fun watching it come together. I have a couple of questions:
  1. How do I need to save these if I want to sell them on my site (I have been saving them for web)
  2. Do I need to merge the layers (I remember reading somewhere about merging) What is happening when I upload them to my galleries is via photoshop elements 6, it sends each individual picture that I use for the collage (about 6 pictures) instead of just the finished collage.
  3. I hope that I am using the correct settings. I know nothing about pixels or anything like that yet. I just put in custom size of 8x10. If they order a larger size than 8x10 will the quality be compromised?
Please give me feedback on how I can improve my collage, I have included as an attachment.

Thank you.

www.kcphotocreations.com

Comments

• Options
    cobblucascobblucas Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited July 9, 2008
    I am working on some collages and I truly am a novice at this but am having fun watching it come together. I have a couple of questions:
    1. How do I need to save these if I want to sell them on my site (I have been saving them for web)
    2. Do I need to merge the layers (I remember reading somewhere about merging) What is happening when I upload them to my galleries is via photoshop elements 6, it sends each individual picture that I use for the collage (about 6 pictures) instead of just the finished collage.
    3. I hope that I am using the correct settings. I know nothing about pixels or anything like that yet. I just put in custom size of 8x10. If they order a larger size than 8x10 will the quality be compromised?
    Please give me feedback on how I can improve my collage, I have included as an attachment.

Thank you.

www.kcphotocreations.com

If you want to sell them for print make sure you are making them the highest quality jpg image in save for web. You can also file / save as/ and select tiff format.

When you merge layers you decrease the file size and will have more server space for more collages. I'd merge the layers for the finished piece and keep the layered copy on your personal computer.

8x10 is a good size but if you can go bigger I'd do it. Also, offer multiple sizes and maybe that would increase sales.

-Lucas
  • Options
    photocreationsphotocreations Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited July 9, 2008
    cobblucas wrote:
    If you want to sell them for print make sure you are making them the highest quality jpg image in save for web. You can also file / save as/ and select tiff format.

When you merge layers you decrease the file size and will have more server space for more collages. I'd merge the layers for the finished piece and keep the layered copy on your personal computer.

8x10 is a good size but if you can go bigger I'd do it. Also, offer multiple sizes and maybe that would increase sales.

-Lucas

Lucas, thank you for your reply. Because I am so new to this, I hope you will be willing to help me. How do I save with the highest quality? Is tiff the highest quality?ne_nau.gif