Options

Print Guarantee - probably a silly question, but...

DrDavidDrDavid Registered Users Posts: 1,292 Major grins
edited July 9, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I love Smugmug's print guarantee. Now, I know they'll replace the photos without cost to the purchaser OR photographer, but, what happens when the customer wants a refund? I'm assuming that the profit made is reversed from my earnings... But, I've never really found an explanation of exactly what happens. Am I actually correct that it's removed from my profit? Just curious. :scratch

David

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2008
    Yes, we'll do refunds, and we will normally get either a photo of the torn up print(s) or we'll send a mailer and get the prints returned to us, then we'll fully refund the customer and reverse your prosale.
  • Options
    DrDavidDrDavid Registered Users Posts: 1,292 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2008
    Ok, that's what I was curious about. So, they don't get to keep the photo AND get their money back.. Laughing.gif

Curious though: how often do people get their money back vs. reprint? Can you share the ratio? I assume the ratio is VERY low for refunds vs. reprints. Most people I'd guess want the PHOTO! thumb.gif

David
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2008
    DrDavid wrote:
    Ok, that's what I was curious about. So, they don't get to keep the photo AND get their money back.. Laughing.gif

Curious though: how often do people get their money back vs. reprint? Can you share the ratio? I assume the ratio is VERY low for refunds vs. reprints. Most people I'd guess want the PHOTO! thumb.gif

David
    All reprints against total print orders are extremely low. Thousands and thousands of orders a week and a very small number of reprints that we work on, maybe 10-20 total per week? 20 would be a lot.

Refunds? Miniscule. Usual reasons: wrong item ordered, wrong quantity, etc. Sure, there is poor quality file, too (it looked great online!).
  • Options
    carolinecaroline Registered Users Posts: 1,302 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2008
    DrDavid wrote:
    I love Smugmug's print guarantee.

David

What is the link to this please ?? I've found something on a few pro accounts but would like the link to the real thing :-)

Caroline
    Mendip Blog - Blog from The Fog, life on the Mendips
    www.carolineshipsey.co.uk - Follow me on G+

[/URL]
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2008
    caroline wrote:
    What is the link to this please ?? I've found something on a few pro accounts but would like the link to the real thing :-)

Caroline
    Is this it?
    http://www.smugmug.com/prints/our-guarantee.mg
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    carolinecaroline Registered Users Posts: 1,302 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2008
    Allen wrote:

Close enough thank you Allen :D
    Caroline
    Mendip Blog - Blog from The Fog, life on the Mendips