Options

Real Estate Photography - Hawaii

photobrandophotobrando Registered Users Posts: 74 Big grins
edited July 9, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I was contacted by the owner of one of the larger real estate firms on Oahu. He asked me if I'd be interested in shooting all his properties.

I have a meeting with him Friday afternoon and of coarse am not to on the up-and-up on the whole Real Estate business world, which leads me to a few questions that hopefully I can get help on. I'd like to walk into that meeting with a bit more knowledge of the business end of how it all works and what is expected/required by both parties.

1) Is this type of photography typically charged per hour, photo, flat fee?
2) If flat fee or per photo, what determines the rate? Median house price on Oahu is $700K. Most all houses (not condos or apartments) start at 1 Million. His company also deals with more of the high end spectrum. Houses in the 2-5 million dollar range.
3) Since this business is paying for the photos, what type of release should be used? Limited Commercial Use?
4) Real Estate shooting generally consists of shooting the property, going over the photos with the home owner?, going over the photos with the real estate firm?, putting photos on a disc, collect payment?
5) Are photo credits given or must be requested? Should photo credits be requested?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Aloha.

Comments

• Options
    swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2008
    I recently began doing a lot of real estate photography. I charge a flat rate for each home I photograph. It is agreed that the real estate company has full rights to use the images as they please while I retain the right to use the images as I please. This system works for me. I don't worry too much about credits, I just want the $$$$ so, it works for me.