Options

Bedtime Story

shatchshatch Registered Users Posts: 798 Major grins
edited July 12, 2008 in People
Oh the things my kids put up with. This idea came to me the other day. You should have seen my wife when I was carrying the bed through the house and out the door. Something like, "What in the world are you doing? Why don't you do something useful. Put the bed back." Something like that if I interpreted the look correctly. After a little begging, my daughter finally joined me. Ran out of light before I captured what I wanted, but did end up with these mediocre shots.

1)
328496209_svoow-L.jpg

2)
328496786_p3p9o-L.jpg

3)
328496703_x4Bk5-L.jpg

4)
328496452_RNMw2-L.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Comments

• Options
    cmorganphotographycmorganphotography Registered Users Posts: 980 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2008
    SET UP PHOTO!! SET UP! SET UP!

You, sir, have a finger on the vein of the surreal. Congrats. I have more wisdom than you, by five. [teeth]:D
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,931 moderator
    edited July 9, 2008
    Cool idea. clap.gif

I don't suppose you can get away with this twice, but if you could I would consider re-shooting #1 with the barest outline of a face in the woods. Depending on your taste you could go for either menacing or protective. But then, I'm a surrealist at heart. rolleyes1.gif

Well done. thumb.gif
  • Options
    Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2008
    shatch wrote:
    ... I captured what I wanted, but did end up with these mediocre shots.

rolleyes1.gif Must be jockingrolleyes1.gif
    Great ! Nice work.thumb.gif
    Do it again, do it more exquisite than this time. Refining the lighting.
    When your wife is asleep mwink.gif
    :Dthumb.gif
    All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook
  • Options
    JulieLawsonPhotographyJulieLawsonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2008
    This is very creative!! I love the concept. I like #1 the best as the light looks better than the others. Great job thinking outside the box.:D
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2008
    Haha, awesome!!! clap.gif
  • Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2008
    The photographer in me says "Cool!!!!" :ivar . The Mom in me says "Ticks!!!!" :yikes
  • Options
    javierplumeyjavierplumey Registered Users Posts: 131 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2008
    God I am such a geek! Such cool shots and all I am interested in is the reading material. What was she reading? Gotta know!
  • Options
    anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2008
    I am loving this and must say you have come up with some pretty creative stuff the past few months!! bowdown.gif

I am liking the 1st one the most. thumb.gif
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • Options
    edited July 9, 2008
    cmorganphotography
    Thanks for the comments. The photo of the set up was awful. Too dark. Took it after the shoot. It was a total of two lights. one behind the headboard, 1-2 lighting my daughter and bed, and 1-2 lighting the trees. Lights constantly moving. I had a cheap smoke machine but guess I didn't have enough fog juice for it to work. I didn't catch the full story on the 5 wisdom teeth. Having issues with them currently?

Thanks Richard for the idea and comments. I would like to get this set up again. I have another idea based on this theme which blends the idea I used for the last contest (scale).

Thanks Antonio Correia for your kind words. I laughed at your comment about "when your wife is asleep". She puts up with me more than I deserve. I just need to remember to do her stuff first. mwink.gif

Thanks JulieLawsonPhotography for your gracious comments. I have enjoyed trying to think out side the box. I would eventually like to have one of my kids record the shoot and post it. I love watching behind the scenes.

Thanks Agnieszka for your complement!

saurora, thanks for the note. This is our back yard about 120 feet from the house. We frequent the place enough that the concern for ticks has nearly left. We worry more about mosquitos. Pesky things. Don't care for them very much.

javierplumey, we grabbed the book of Disney compiled stories as it was about the right size. We are however, major readers. Our goal as a family is to read 10,000 pages during Summer Break. We are nearly half way there now. The kids get to read one "for fun book" then the next needs to be a historical novel, biography, or some other knowledge book.

anwmn1
    Thanks for your complement. I really have enjoyed shooting on a story basis, or some other themed shoot. It is fun to conceive the idea and nurture it in my mind. Every once in a while, one comes together.
  • Options
    edited July 9, 2008
    I have a few genetic "flukes" and another one cropped up. Instead of four wisdom teeth I have five. My upper left wisdom tooth has a friend pushing perpendicular on him. So, until tomorrow I have more wisdom than anyone else. I'm a freak of nature.:D I have a few copies of my xray to show my kids one day and say I was once the most wise person on earth.rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2008
    I love #1, for it's "Salamander Room" appeal and innocence. The fearful ones (Where the wild things are?) also disturb me as a mom.

I guess you don't have the mosquito population there like we do or she would have been eaten up!

Definitely worth a reshoot!
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

• Options
    edited July 9, 2008
    I have a few genetic "flukes" and another one cropped up. Instead of four wisdom teeth I have five. My upper left wisdom tooth has a friend pushing perpendicular on him. So, until tomorrow I have more wisdom than anyone else. I'm a freak of nature.:D I have a few copies of my xray to show my kids one day and say I was once the most wise person on earth.rolleyes1.gif

I wouldn't call them flukes, but "upgrades" or "advances". mwink.gif
  • Options
    edited July 9, 2008
    I love #1, for it's "Salamander Room" appeal and innocence. The fearful ones (Where the wild things are?) also disturb me as a mom.

I guess you don't have the mosquito population there like we do or she would have been eaten up!

Definitely worth a reshoot!

Thanks Greensquared. Our mosquito population is still fairly small, but annoying still. Not enough to carry you away...yet.
  • Options
    RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2008
    I love #1 Shatch. That's a wonderful, out of the box shot! thumb.gifthumb.gif
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

Member: PPA , PPANE, PPAM & NAPP
  • Options
    edited July 9, 2008
    shatch wrote:
    I wouldn't call them flukes, but "upgrades" or "advances". mwink.gif
    You're right. I'm the advanced model. I'm the next rung in the Jungian Theory. I am 46 & 2.:D
  • Options
    dawssvtdawssvt Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2008
    Wow... That is truly awesome rolleyes1.gif

Website
    My Smugmug

My Canon Gear:
    5DMII | 24-105mm f/4L | 45mm TS/E | 135mm f/2.0L | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS | 50mm f/1.4
    | 580EX II & 430EX

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2008
    Awesome!thumb.gifclap.gifbowdown.gif
    A little fog machine - and you have Fantasia rigth there! mwink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    kitvankitvan Registered Users Posts: 243 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2008
    very interesting. I love them!! thumb.gif
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
  • Options
    nrmdisknrmdisk Registered Users Posts: 182 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2008
    Beautiful!
    #1 looks very "Alice in Wonderland"ish. Great concept!

N
    Neil MacDonald

Richmond BC
    http://nrmdisk.smugmug.com

Oly E-510, 14-42, 50-200, EC-14, EC-20
    Metz Mecablitz 48 AF-1

• Options
    DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2008
  • Options
    MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2008
    #1 is great! Certainly worth the effort and your wife's ire.mwink.gif
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2008
    Great photography ! mwink.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery