Options

Preggers (Part 2)

nicoleshillidaynicoleshilliday Registered Users Posts: 549 Major grins
edited July 11, 2008 in People
I have added the last of the 7 1/2 month pictures....C&C welcome...till next time :lust

see part 1 at http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=96425&highlight=preggers

Ok, so this is about 7 and 1/2 months along...

I think that now that my belly is a little bigger, i am liking the way the pictures are turning out. Let me know what you think.

NEW!!
1a.
329520712_fpUoz-M-1.jpg

2a.
329520797_qgNBd-M-1.jpg

3a.
329520841_Prnpc-M.jpg

4a. I like this one :D
329520904_NqBgr-M.jpg

Older....
I did some in the same "requested" nightgown.

1. with a little tone
327003202_5LneZ-M.jpg

color
328888978_NbKv9-M-1.jpg

2. b&w with face
327009415_EC2ho-M-1.jpg

3. Something a different with color....
327003617_8YMZW-M.jpg
Nicole
D3, and other Nikon goodies
Shilliday Photography
Blog
Facebook

Comments

• Options
    len20len20 Registered Users Posts: 105 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2008
    I must say that I'm a little wary of the credibility of my judgement given the obvious sex appeal of the photos. Nevertheless, I'll give it a shot.

I'm seldom inspired or appreciative of maternity shots because most of them seem to be cliche and awkward. But I really like these as well as your first posts. They're ambitious in the way they showcase feminine beauty. Much more courageous than most maternity photos which makes them stand out.

I like the lighting and the crop on #1. I'd like to see more color, but I didn't like the pose or the fabric in #3 for some reason. I think after seeing the diagonal direction of the line in the first two frames the vertical line in the third frame seems less dynamic.

Thanks for posting these. Would love to see more.
    Canon 5d mii, Canon 50mm f/1.8, 35mm 1.4L, 70-200mm IS L
  • Options
    CantfeelmyfingersCantfeelmyfingers Registered Users Posts: 531 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2008
    1 & 2 are fab, but I've gotta say, #3 is definitely taking it for me this time. Beautiful photos :D
    "Take my picture, Tonight I feel beautiful..."
    -Marilyn Monroe
  • Options
    edited July 7, 2008
    len20 wrote:
    I think after seeing the diagonal direction of the line in the first two frames the vertical line in the third frame seems less dynamic.

Thanks for you thoughts. I agree that the full profile is a little harsh compared to the rest. Plus, I don't think my face photographs very well in full profile. I want some photos for the baby's room that aren't to sexy, but am having trouble finding the right cloth or clothing. I also think that many pregnancy shoots are very cliché and am trying to avoid that if I can!!!

Thanks again!
    Nicole
    Shilliday Photography
    Blog
    Facebook
  • Options
    edited July 7, 2008
    Thanks for you thoughts. I agree that the full profile is a little harsh compared to the rest. Plus, I don't think my face photographs very well in full profile. I want some photos for the baby's room that aren't to sexy, but am having trouble finding the right cloth or clothing. I also think that many pregnancy shoots are very cliché and am trying to avoid that if I can!!!

Thanks again!

If you're going for not sexy, I'm afraid this isn't it. I might consider some close-up/detail shots.
  • Options
    edited July 7, 2008
    len20 wrote:
    If you're going for not sexy, I'm afraid this isn't it. I might consider some close-up/detail shots.

HA! No, i am doing both...hubby would be disappointed if i didn't try some "sexy" shots. The not so sexy shots will be hung in the babys room for a while before he thinks its gross to have his mothers belly on his walls.

I do think the more abstract ones are better for the room.
    Nicole
    Shilliday Photography
    Blog
    Facebook
  • Options
    DI-JoeDI-Joe Registered Users Posts: 368 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2008
    len20 wrote:
    I must say that I'm a little wary of the credibility of my judgement given the obvious sex appeal of the photos....

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I have absolutely no credibility. I think you're stunning, that is all. iloveyou.gif :whew
    Modus Imagery
    Moving away from photography and into cinema. PM me if you have questions about DSLR workflow or production questions.
    Film Reel: http://vimeo.com/19955876
  • Options
    edited July 9, 2008
    DI-Joe wrote:
    Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I have absolutely no credibility. I think you're stunning, that is all. iloveyou.gif :whew

Thanks Joe, but i am sure that you could look past that and say what you do like about the shots! HA! :D
    Nicole
    Shilliday Photography
    Blog
    Facebook
  • Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2008
    I think I like #3's profile pose.
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2008
    Thanks Joe, but i am sure that you could look past that and say what you do like about the shots! HA! :D

Dunno about that...the first 2 shots are very mesmerizing!!! mwink.gif I'm glad you posted upon request.....can you post a color version of 1 & 2? I'd be interested in the difference.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

Member: PPA , PPANE, PPAM & NAPP
  • Options
    edited July 9, 2008
    RBrogen wrote:
    Dunno about that...the first 2 shots are very mesmerizing!!! mwink.gif I'm glad you posted upon request.....can you post a color version of 1 & 2? I'd be interested in the difference.

I posted the color version of 1....i didn't do much color correction, i think it looks off. I liked it so much better in B&W, so i didn't bother doing any post processing on it. ne_nau.gif
    Nicole
    Shilliday Photography
    Blog
    Facebook
  • Options
    edited July 9, 2008
    I posted the color version of 1....i didn't do much color correction, i think it looks off. I liked it so much better in B&W, so i didn't bother doing any post processing on it. ne_nau.gif

I can't decide which one I like better. They both have their unique qualities. Kudos to you for being brave to submit them for scrutiny!..... lucky hubby with the private collection clap.gif :ivar wings.gif
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

• Options
    WildWallyWildWally Registered Users Posts: 494 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2008
    Wonderful set .
    I enjoyes viewing these , as it brought back many memmories ..
    I wish all goes well in the near future !!!:D
  • Options
    edited July 9, 2008
    After going back and looking, I think I like the positioning in the first series Preggers 1 being more from a side angle. I think that it shows off more of your curves and the shadow play is very nice.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

• Options
    edited July 9, 2008
    RBrogen wrote:
    After going back and looking, I think I like the positioning in the first series Preggers 1 being more from a side angle. I think that it shows off more of your curves and the shadow play is very nice.

i agree. The first pose is the real winner. i have never done a self portrait before this and am finding it very very hard to find the correct position. I think it is making me a better photographer, bc now i know what my models feel like!
    i have been setting up and taking down the equipment a few nights a week and only finding a few winners in each group! We are going to a professional in a few days for a different take on shooting maternity shots, plus he has much much more equipment and space then i do!
    Thanks for commenting...i really does help!:D
    Nicole
    Shilliday Photography
    Blog
    Facebook
  • Options
    edited July 9, 2008
    WildWally wrote:
    Wonderful set .
    I enjoyes viewing these , as it brought back many memmories ..
    I wish all goes well in the near future !!!:D

Thanks! It has been fun watching myself grow on (digital) film!
    Nicole
    Shilliday Photography
    Blog
    Facebook
  • Options
    edited July 9, 2008
    i agree. The first pose is the real winner. i have never done a self portrait before this and am finding it very very hard to find the correct position. I think it is making me a better photographer, bc now i know what my models feel like!
    i have been setting up and taking down the equipment a few nights a week and only finding a few winners in each group! We are going to a professional in a few days for a different take on shooting maternity shots, plus he has much much more equipment and space then i do!
    Thanks for commenting...i really does help!:D

Well enjoy it all, pregnancy and photography as both can be lots of fun as well as help you grow in many ways.... though I can only speak second hand on the pregnancy aspect and relate what my wife told me.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

• Options
    evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2008
    I like #1, but #3 is my fave. I would like #1 more if your face was in it.
    Same issue with thread #1. I like the pose of the first, but would like to see your face.
    Also do you have any where your body is facing the other direction?
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited July 10, 2008
    evoryware wrote:
    Same issue with thread #1. I like the pose of the first, but would like to see your face.

I must not like my face since i keep cutting it out of the "liked" photos! ne_nau.gif

No, i don't have any currently ready for posting with my body facing the other way. I have a very very very very small area to do this in and the lighting that i need only fits on the one side. But, i did take a few last night that are from the other side that i hope to post soon.

Thanks for looking again.
    Nicole
    Shilliday Photography
    Blog
    Facebook
  • Options
    edited July 10, 2008
    I actually like the cropping. I think it works to communicate the common beauty and experience of all women. When the face is in the frame, I think the photo communicates something about a specific individual's experience - in this case, yours.

Either way, the photos are beautiful.
  • Options
    edited July 10, 2008
    evoryware wrote:
    I just added one that is in the other direction...these are the last of them for a few weeks. Can't wait to see the change in the belly next month. Till then! :cry
    Nicole
    Shilliday Photography
    Blog
    Facebook
  • Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2008
    Hey Nicole,

maybe a more full shot, as to not have a cropped head?

I do like 2a and 4a, I see a connection of your eyes and the tilt of your head leading to the belly.
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2008
    whoa whoa changed the whole first post. Glad I came back the new ones are beautiful!!! clap.gifclap.gif
    I like 1, 2, and 4.
    Last suggestion, maybe unsquare the shoulders?
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited July 11, 2008
    evoryware wrote:
    whoa whoa changed the whole first post. Glad I came back the new ones are beautiful!!! clap.gifclap.gif
    I like 1, 2, and 4.
    Last suggestion, maybe unsquare the shoulders?
    i thought i could change the title of the thread, but i was mistaken. I guess i was trying to save time by not starting a new post...ohh well. Yes, i really do like 4a, I think it is going to go up in little Liams room.

I will work on relaxing the shoulders more next time.

Thanks for coming back to look. :D
    Nicole
    Shilliday Photography
    Blog
    Facebook