Options

Pricing for custom designs

photocreationsphotocreations Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
edited July 10, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Is there a way to make it where a client can only order certain sizes on certain pictures? I created a collage and even though the picture shows in my gallery with regular photos, I want the collage to only be ordered in 8x10 or larger if possible. How do I set the pricing for that item to be different from the other photos.

Thank you.

kcphotocreations.com

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2008
    Is there a way to make it where a client can only order certain sizes on certain pictures? I created a collage and even though the picture shows in my gallery with regular photos, I want the collage to only be ordered in 8x10 or larger if possible. How do I set the pricing for that item to be different from the other photos.

Thank you.

kcphotocreations.com
    Go to the photo and under photo tools pick "set Prices".

At the top is this.
    Setting prices for: Image | Gallery | Galleries | Portfolio
    Click on Image a put zeros in every product but the size you want to sell.
    This will override the gallery and portfolio prices for that photo.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited July 9, 2008
    Allen wrote:
    Go to the photo and under photo tools pick "set Prices".

At the top is this.
    Setting prices for: Image | Gallery | Galleries | Portfolio
    Click on Image a put zeros in every product but the size you want to sell.
    This will override the gallery and portfolio prices for that photo.

Beautiful...thank you for your reply thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited July 9, 2008
    Pricing Error
    Beautiful...thank you for your reply thumb.gif

I went through and put 0.00 in every box except for the 8x10 and some larger sizes but when I went to check the prices there is an exclamation mark that says the photo is too small to buy this item.

Not sure what I need ot do now headscratch.gif ....

Your input is appreciated!

Kathy

www.kcphotocreations.com
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,246 moderator
    edited July 9, 2008
    I went through and put 0.00 in every box except for the 8x10 and some larger sizes but when I went to check the prices there is an exclamation mark that says the photo is too small to buy this item.
    You need to upload a higher resolution copy of that photo.

See http://www.smugmug.com/help/print-quality.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited July 9, 2008
    You need to upload a higher resolution copy of that photo.

See http://www.smugmug.com/help/print-quality.

--- Denise

Thank you Denise....I will try that.
  • Options
    edited July 9, 2008
    pixel/resolution question
    I'm a bit confused as to how to tackle this resolution/pixel issue. Do I need to take the photos in a certain setting (I have a sony DSC-H1 Cyber Shot 5.1 megapixel). If so, what setting.....OR is it the way I save my photos. I played around trying to save my collages with a higher resolution and it blew off the screen headscratch.gif .....bear with my elementary questions as I learn this thing:D ...

Thanks for the input.

kcphotocreations.com
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2008
    I'm a bit confused as to how to tackle this resolution/pixel issue. Do I need to take the photos in a certain setting (I have a sony DSC-H1 Cyber Shot 5.1 megapixel). If so, what setting.....OR is it the way I save my photos. I played around trying to save my collages with a higher resolution and it blew off the screen headscratch.gif .....bear with my elementary questions as I learn this thing:D ...

Thanks for the input.

kcphotocreations.com
    Keep as many pixels as you can and upload the original. Smug creates display
    sizes from that but the original is used for printing.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2008
    Allen wrote:
    Keep as many pixels as you can and upload the original. Smug creates display
    sizes from that but the original is used for printing.

To do this when you are done post processing in Elements save like this.....Save AS.........do not.....I repeat DO NOT save for the web.....that strips alot from the file including all your exif data.....also when you "save as"......a dialogue box will appear asking what quality 0-12.....use 12 the best least compressed file..........that way you save the most pixels.......

Here is a example of what I am talking about:

Elements Prost Processing finished > clik file> clik "SAVE AS" > You name the file and tell it what type it is (tiff, JPEG0 and tell it where you want to save it..............after clikking save a new dialogue box will appera (that is if it was a jpeg file) captioned as JPEG OPTIONS.......go to the section marked Image Options and take the slider all the way to the right......in the small quality box there should be a 12 and in the long box you should see MAXIMUM..........now clik OK and you have just saved your file with the least compression and maximum pixels for a jpeg and now you are ready to upload to SM
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited July 10, 2008
    Art...thank you so much for your reply. I did as you instructed and I can see that the file is much smaller....cool!! Now, the pixels, not so sure. It shows 328.2 kb 720x576. I got that information from clicking the properties. If the 720x576 is actually the pixels, it still is not large enough to use for an 8x10 or larger.....so how do I address that issue?
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2008
    Art...thank you so much for your reply. I did as you instructed and I can see that the file is much smaller....cool!! Now, the pixels, not so sure. It shows 328.2 kb 720x576. I got that information from clicking the properties. If the 720x576 is actually the pixels, it still is not large enough to use for an 8x10 or larger.....so how do I address that issue?

Is this the native image size directly out of your camera??

I would go to OnOne software and download a trial copy of Genuine Fractals and use it....it is a one step uprezing software that has gotten me fantastic Huuuge enlargements for clients.
    Pick the Standard Edition as you do not need CMYK ability...that is for people printing on 4 color offset printing presses:D not photo or injet printers...............

depending whether Elements allows plug ins of not you may have to get the stand alone version.....GF has always done a better uprez than any copy of photoshop.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    HaighHaigh Registered Users Posts: 64 Big grins
    edited July 10, 2008
    What´s the original resolution on the images used to make the collage? You probably reduced the resolution when building the collage. If the original res is higher you will have to rebuild the collage maintaining the original resolution. Then you´re set. What you have is unprintable.....

Robert