Options

RI Trip

dreamlessdreamless Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
Hello, I was wondering if there is anyone from Rhode Island here on dgrin. I will be in Pawtucket, RI the first week of August on business and was hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction for some good photo opportunities. I have never been to RI before so I'm hoping for a little direction.

Thanks,

Sean

Comments

• Options
    DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2008
    There's a few of us here - glad you are coming to our little state! Too bad I'll be in in-law heck at the time, lots of family coming in or I would try to meet up with you.

Downtown Providence is kind of cool to shoot, but you should definitely hit Newport if nothing else. Great old port town, beaches, nightlife and there's always the Newport Mansions if you are into that sort if thing.

You could take the ferry out to Block Island if you have the time. Bristol is a great small town, home to the oldest 4th of July parade in the country. There's tons of great restaurants in Providence to go check out.

Enjoy your tripthumb.gif
  • Options
    dreamlessdreamless Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited July 11, 2008
    How far is Newport from Pawtucket? I'm on a tight schedule that doesn't leave much time to go places so I will prolly have evenings and that is about it.

I'm coming in from spending a week in San Diego, CA the week before, then RI then the next week I'll be in Merced, CA so I'll be on the run for a while but would love to get some shooting in. My plan is to end my three week leg trip with a one day trip to Yosemite but that will depend if something else comes up for the next week.
  • Options
    DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2008
    Newport would be almost an hour from Pawtucket - maybe Providence would be a better bet.