Options

A Mates Car

TokenToken Registered Users Posts: 45 Big grins
edited July 12, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
took these photos a few weeks back and have only jsut got around to going through them :(

Picture492.jpg

Picture656.jpg

thanks for looking

Comments

• Options
    ArvanArvan Registered Users Posts: 888 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2008
    I like the technical way of these photos.. What i don´t like is the environment they are placed at. I think that a car belongs on the streets and the streets only.

Keep it up and do you happen to have som info about this car? any mods etc?

Thanx for sharing
  • Options
    DI-JoeDI-Joe Registered Users Posts: 368 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2008
    Yeah, in my experience, car's never should be photographed on grass unless they're trucks or off-road vehicles... grass is sooo unnatural.

That's a Vauxhall right? Aka, the Pontiac G8. :P Platform sharing is so sad... at least Vauxhall does it better than Pontiac does.
    Modus Imagery
    Moving away from photography and into cinema. PM me if you have questions about DSLR workflow or production questions.
    Film Reel: http://vimeo.com/19955876
  • Options
    ArvanArvan Registered Users Posts: 888 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2008
    So it is that torque monster that i was thinking it was :D
  • Options
    edited July 10, 2008
    thanks for the replies.. as for the grass shots yeah for some reason myself and my mates have liked them as it makes the car appear lower than it really is...

the car in question is a VZ Holden Calais (Australia version), runs the new V6 engine. Alloytech 190 matched up to a 5speed Automatic gear boxes.. at the moment its pretty standard but plans are to stroke it out to 4.2L capactiy as it is a 3.6L at the moment and then fit a postive displacement charger rating at either 2.3L or the big 3.3L which should up the power big time..

thanks again
  • Options
    penguindriverpenguindriver Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited July 11, 2008
    Really nice car. I like the color of the car. After the mods with the charger, I am sure it is going to haul some serious spped down the road.
  • Options
    edited July 12, 2008
    Really nice car. I like the color of the car. After the mods with the charger, I am sure it is going to haul some serious spped down the road.

it sure will hammer... thanks for looking
  • Options
    edited July 12, 2008
    IMG_3696.jpg
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2008
    wow...ive never seen a commodore with tyres that low in profile...what are they ? Nice exposure.
  • Options
    edited July 12, 2008
    gus wrote:
    wow...ive never seen a commodore with tyres that low in profile...what are they ? Nice exposure.

thanks he doesnt like being on camera haha so i kinda of just stood behind him and called his name and got the pic clap.gif

they run 225/35 R20. same tyres that are on my car also. very low profile but the only way they will fit unless u put a coilover front end in which is very expensive...