Options

On the foot steps of Prince Saiful Malook (Part 2 of Landscapes of Pakistan )

Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
edited July 15, 2008 in Journeys
Here is link to Part One of the Journey

Here is the Panorama of the Lake Saiful Malook.
328818448_r7SYy-XL.jpg

We started our journey early in the morning hired a jeep for Rs 2500 or 40$ for whole day it took about 2.5hrs to reach the lake on difficult and dangerous roads. The reason of being cheap is that tourism is very low in these days.
328818669_GRSbn-XL.jpg
328818954_9GPne-XL.jpg
328819242_mqJiS-XL.jpg
328819628_dp6tW-XL.jpg

After reaching Naran catch a road full of rocks to reach the lake people also treck to the lake

This water is all the way from the lake and meets the river at this place
328820287_WdCLE-XL.jpg

My breadth just stopped when we were reaching at hight slightest mistake or failure could lead to death !
328820854_7h4gc-XL.jpg
328821220_ut3YK-XL.jpg
328821571_bJqmZ-XL.jpg

And our driver was continously smoking as we reached to hight!
328821876_UKp4F-XL.jpg

Have to pass through glaceirs unloaded the jeep and had to walk on feet
328822469_PHZDE-XL.jpg

Heavy cars may face trouble
328822998_pXxhv-XL.jpg

:rolleyes Imagine jeep falling down there
328823390_gzDVh-XL.jpg

And thank God we reached the lake
328824814_zUoZa-XL.jpg

Depth of the lake is unknown because underground river empties into the lake
328825051_5tRed-XL.jpg

Here is the Story of the Prince Saif Al Malook

The story of Saif ul Maluk is that the Prophet Joseph (yosuf) is asked who will be the handomsomest man after him and he has two seals made, and says that the man will be my descendent and will inherit these seals, and so after many years when Saif ul Maluk comes of age and is bequeathed these seals among many other treasures, on one of them is a picture of himself and on the other is a picture of the beautiful fairy Princess Badar Jamal, meaning the glory of the moon, he falls in love and thus begins his long arduous journey to find her. Later when he does find her, he learns that her soul is trapped in the tallest mountain of the lake which is now called "Saif ul Maluk" and the mountain is "Malka Purbat" which means "the Mountain of the Fairies" and that she is bound to Jinn, and he can only free her when the Jinn is dead, but he cannot defeat him using ordinary means, for the Jinn has hidden his soul in talisman of some sort and hidden it away, Saiful Maluk and his army succeed in finding the talisman and killing the jinn but ignite a 40 year war between the jinn of the earth and those who dwell in the spirit world. Wikipedia

You can see "Malka Purbat" in this image
328825511_2hJ78-XL.jpg

These are shot with my buddy's 70-200L IS F/4
328825724_sTvJV-XL.jpg
328826110_BXU9b-XL.jpg
328826419_m8DoB-XL.jpg
328827340_BTGrZ-XL.jpg
328827756_yueLt-XL.jpg
328828081_ycQZx-XL.jpg

And back to where we started next day we went to Lalazar
328831018_vVLW7-XL.jpg
Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery

Comments

• Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2008
    After seeing your jeep trek... I want to do that too!

That color of the water is just cool.. and weird at the same time! Good stuff! thumb.gif
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    jzieglerjziegler Registered Users Posts: 420 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2008
    An incredible journey. Those roads do look dangerous.

I really love the color in the second photo. And such beautiful reflections in the water of the lake.
  • Options
    TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2008
    bravo. bowdown.gif
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2008
    FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!thumb.gifthumbthumb.gifthumbthumb.gifbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gif

THANK YOU FOR SHARING!!!!!!!!bowdown.gifbowbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gif
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2008
    I like the first two shots the most.
    On the first photo, I'd wish for a bit more contrast though.
  • Options
    Howard BarlowHoward Barlow Registered Users Posts: 118 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2008
    Wow! Man, I want to be you when I grow up. clap.gif
    You don’t pay me by the hour. You pay for the years of hard work that made it possible for me to paint such a picture in only one hour! Pablo Picasso
  • Options
    edited July 10, 2008
    Thank you all :D
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    tsk1979tsk1979 Registered Users Posts: 937 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2008
  • Options
    1andyw1andyw Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
    edited July 10, 2008
    This is a wonderful voyage. Thank you for sharing.

AndyW
  • Options
    edited July 10, 2008
    tsk1979 wrote:
    Great pics!
    Is that jeep a Mahindra?

It was Toyota Willey
    thanks for looking thumb.gif

My Gallery
  • Options
    edited July 10, 2008
    1andyw wrote:
    This is a wonderful voyage. Thank you for sharing.

AndyW

Thank you very much Andy are always welcome thumb.gif

My Gallery
  • Options
    jillojillo Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited July 11, 2008
    that is one scary looking road...the thought of plummeting to the bottom would scare me too, but it was well worth it. for sure
    "The cure for everything is salt water--sweat, tears, or the sea."

-Isak Dinesen

http://roygbiv.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited July 11, 2008
    jillo wrote:
    that is one scary looking road...the thought of plummeting to the bottom would scare me too, but it was well worth it. for sure

The next track was even dangerous ! i got only few photos and my battery died rolleyes1.gif
    thanks for stopping by :D

My Gallery
  • Options
    kitvankitvan Registered Users Posts: 243 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2008
    :oogle wow. thumb.gif
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
  • Options
    SeefutlungSeefutlung Registered Users Posts: 2,781 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2008
    Just great stuff Awais ... that new camera is serving you well. Don't ever stop shooting.

Gary
    My snaps can be found here:
    Unsharp at any Speed
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2008
    Awais, most excellent stuff! bowdown.gifbowdown.gif

wow wow wow
  • Options
    edited July 12, 2008
    Thank you Gary and Andy
    Nothing will stop me from shooting !

My Gallery
  • Options
    David L. MegaheyDavid L. Megahey Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    edited July 12, 2008
    Awais that was a great trip! I love traveling with you, even if I'm not right there, it feels like it. Good Job!clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gif
    :scratch When in doubt....SHOOT IT!!!
  • Options
    edited July 12, 2008
    Awais that was a great trip! I love traveling with you, even if I'm not right there, it feels like it. Good Job!clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gif

Thanks a lot David i am glad you enjoyed them !
    cheers

My Gallery
  • Options
    anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2008
    Awais-

What an excellent trip. I never new Pakistan was so beautiful.

I really like the 1st shot and the two shots with the boats (one black and white and one of the boat moving through the water).

Those roads remind me that I need to get back out into the mountains here in AZ & Colorado.
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • Options
    edited July 13, 2008
    anwmn1 wrote:
    Awais-

What an excellent trip. I never new Pakistan was so beautiful.

I really like the 1st shot and the two shots with the boats (one black and white and one of the boat moving through the water).

Those roads remind me that I need to get back out into the mountains here in AZ & Colorado.

Thank you Aaron there are places which are far more beautiful but hard to reach i hope i will visit them once in my life. Tourism industry of Pakistan can really shine but unfortunately it is neglected eek7.gif

Any why thanks for looking

My Gallery
  • Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2008
    Awais I have died and gone to heaven.

What a fantastic set of photos and an amazing journey! You are right - tourism is neglected there because I had no idea there were such beautiful lakes, mountains and glaciers in your country.

Wow, I am speechless. You are such an amazing, versatile photographer. bowdown.gif
  • Options
    edited July 14, 2008
    schmoo wrote:
    Awais I have died and gone to heaven.

What a fantastic set of photos and an amazing journey! You are right - tourism is neglected there because I had no idea there were such beautiful lakes, mountains and glaciers in your country.

Wow, I am speechless. You are such an amazing, versatile photographer. bowdown.gif

Thank you :D i am gald you enjoyed. I hope you know K2 is in Pakistan rolleyes1.gif

My Gallery
  • Options
    crashmastercrashmaster Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
    edited July 14, 2008
    Fantastic shots Awais!

Yes, Pakistan is an incredibly beautiful country. My favorite areas are in the Karakoram in Baltistan I believe, simply mind blowing. If you have never traveled to the Himalaya's you must do so at least once in your life. The Himalayas make the mountian ranges in the US look like little insignificant rubble piles. Then there are they aboslutely jaw dropping 6000+ ft. granite walls of Trango Tower and Nameless Tower, makes the walls of Yosemite look like little crags. Of course these areas can be quite difficult to get to requiring some glacier travel, but well worth the reward.

Great work Awais!
    Canon 40D
    SBIG STL-11000
    Alta U16M
  • Options
    imonkimonk Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited July 15, 2008
    Incredible
    Simply incredible images you have there! They are all very well captured but I think the first one is something extra special. I hope you print that off on canvas and sell it or something because it deserves to be in a gallery! I really enjoyed looking at your images, some of the best landscape work I've seen in a while.

Thanks for sharing these :)
    Ian
  • Options
    edited July 15, 2008
    Thanks a lot Crashmaster and Ian
    Crashmaster i am surprised you know a lot about mountains of Pakistan mwink.gif

My Gallery
  • Options
    LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2008
    Amazing trip. That first image took my breath away! bowdown.gifbowdown.gif I also love that B&W with all the boats. thumb.gif