Options

going rates for images?

mrfizzedmrfizzed Registered Users Posts: 622 Major grins
edited July 17, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
im curious what do you guys charge for prints and for digital image files on a cd?

Comments

• Options
    GhardyGhardy Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited July 17, 2008
    pricing photos
    Hi
    I too am interested in pricing and am in the process of pricing my work.
    What I have come up with for my area of service is to compile a list of what others are charging ( from newspapers and other photogs ) placing them in categories in an excell speadsheet and then averaging them out. For example if there are three prices for 8x10`s, by three photogs I will divide them by three to get an idea of what my market should be able to bear. If I feel these averages are too low for my skill level I will agjust it upward with the idea that if sales are slow or not enough interest is generated I can discount the entire gallery on a percentage basis in order to entice a sale, offering something like 10% off for maybe two weeks after the gallery is presented to the customer. After that it would be full price. So far this in the planning stage and will get a chance to see if works in the near future. This has turned out to be a real chore but once its done, it should be easy to modify as my skills increase.
    my website:http://ghardy.smugmug.com