DGRIN problem, help!!! (no reply in FireFox)

DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
edited April 6, 2005 in Dgrin Forum Support
Is this supposed to be a funny joke? I can't reply to threads in Firefox again... just get that weird grayed out window that you can't type in. And changing it to "white" doesn't help this time.

Anyone else? :dunno
Erik
moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2005
    DoctorIt wrote:
    Is this supposed to be a funny joke? I can't reply to threads in Firefox again... just get that weird grayed out window that you can't type in. And changing it to "white" doesn't help this time.

Anyone else? ne_nau.gif
    no problem for me, doc ... here i am on mac os x, mozilla firefox 1.0

sorry mate - maybe something to do with your local settings?
  • John MuellerJohn Mueller Registered Users Posts: 2,555 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2005
    Everything fine here with windows xp.
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited April 1, 2005
    MHJS wrote:
    Everything fine here with windows xp.
    umph.gif not fine here. why would IE work and all of a sudden FF stop?? Weird.
    Erik

• ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2005
    Are you using the full WYSIWYG editor? If so try switching to the standard editor and see if you still have problems (replied in firefox with standard editor on os x.)
    If not now, when?
    edited April 1, 2005
    Um, and now my avatar is missing (happening over on advrider too)... but only sometimes!!! what the heck is going on!?!?
    Erik

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2005
    DoctorIt wrote:
    Um, and now my avatar is missing (happening over on advrider too)... but only sometimes!!! what the heck is going on!?!?

uh - doc

if i were you, i'd stay indoors today :uhoh
    edited April 1, 2005
    andy wrote:
    uh - doc

if i were you, i'd stay indoors today :uhoh
    or switch back to my Mac :D
    Erik

• wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2005
    Sounds like your computer caught a bug. ne_nau.gif You might try running whatever anti-virus and anti-spyware software you have.

(I'm on Firefox, no problems.)
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
    edited April 5, 2005
    My problem won't go away!!!! I'm stuck on IE again but ONLY for dgrin. This is the weirdest thing, I can reply over at advrider (same Vbulletin, right?) on firefox, but NOT on dgrin!!!

And, my avatar is missing on firefox - this problem is consistent on both dgrin and advrider.

I don't think I have bugs. I ran spy/virus/everything scans (multiple programs) before I left for business on friday, and again this morning. Computer got a nice 3 day break in between. I just don't get it. Haven't tried reloading Firefox, I guess that's the next step.

ne_nau.gifheadscratch.gif
    Erik

edited April 5, 2005
    woo hoo!

it worked... guess I should have tried that first. Weird thing though... I totally uninstalled firefox, cleared all my caches, even manually removed the firefox folder from my hard drive. reboot and all. then i installed FF, fresh, and when it started up... my bookmarks were there. I had backed them up on my desktop, but it can't have found them automatically there??? Weird.

headscratch.gif
    Erik

• wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2005
    DoctorIt wrote:
    woo hoo!

it worked... guess I should have tried that first. Weird thing though... I totally uninstalled firefox, cleared all my caches, even manually removed the firefox folder from my hard drive. reboot and all. then i installed FF, fresh, and when it started up... my bookmarks were there. I had backed them up on my desktop, but it can't have found them automatically there??? Weird.

headscratch.gif
    Does it go looking into IE for bookmarks? ne_nau.gif

BTW, I have many other completely incorrect theories for anything that happens to your computer, and I'm quite happy to share them. Don't hesitate to ask. And I have a similar compendium for physical ailments, should you feel the need not to get professional medical advice.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
    edited April 5, 2005
    wxwax wrote:
    Does it go looking into IE for bookmarks? ne_nau.gif

BTW, I have many other completely incorrect theories for anything that happens to your computer, and I'm quite happy to share them. Don't hesitate to ask. And I have a similar compendium for physical ailments, should you feel the need not to get professional medical advice.
    but I don't have any bookmarks in IE...

And thanks, now I know where to go with all my problems rolleyes1.giflol3.gif
    Erik

• BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited April 5, 2005
    If you turn off javascript, the wysiwyg editor will not be happy, which would make replying on dgrin break.

The vBulletin people tell us that sometimes people's cookies get corrupted and need to be deleted, but I rarely hear about it.

Thanks,
    Baldy
    edited April 6, 2005
    Baldy wrote:
    If you turn off javascript, the wysiwyg editor will not be happy, which would make replying on dgrin break.

The vBulletin people tell us that sometimes people's cookies get corrupted and need to be deleted, but I rarely hear about it.

Thanks,
    Baldy
    thanks baldy... it turned out to be some kind of corruption with my install of FF. who knows. but its fixed now :D
    Erik