Options

Shipping Address

PaulcaoPaulcao Registered Users Posts: 202 Major grins
edited July 17, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I've searched and searched and I can't seem to find the answer to this question: When I buy prints while logged in using my pro account, If I choose to enter the customer's shipping information(and have the photos shipped directly to the customer); What does the customer recieve? Is the billing information included in the shipment? The reason I ask is because If I sold the the prints for $10 for each photo... I don't want the customer to see the actual print cost along with any other information that does not pertain to the customer (for example, my credit card info).

I hope this makes sense. Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2008
    Paulcao wrote:
    I've searched and searched and I can't seem to find the answer to this question: When I buy prints while logged in using my pro account, If I choose to enter the customer's shipping information(and have the photos shipped directly to the customer); What does the customer recieve? Is the billing information included in the shipment? The reason I ask is because If I sold the the prints for $10 for each photo... I don't want the customer to see the actual print cost along with any other information that does not pertain to the customer (for example, my credit card info).

I hope this makes sense. Thanks for any help.
    I've read a few times that no invoice is sent if different then the billing address.

http://www.smugmug.com/help/pro-faq
    #18 How does shipping work?

Your customer will select a shipping method in the shopping cart, and pay shipping costs in addition to your custom print prices and any applicable taxes. Currently we ship through the USPS and FedEx, both domestically and internationally. More info.

No worries, there's no invoice or mention of pricing in the order packaging.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited July 17, 2008
    Allen wrote:
    I've read a few times that no invoice is sent if different then the billing address.

Thank you for the quick response.thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited July 17, 2008
    Allen wrote:

http://www.smugmug.com/help/pro-faq
    #18 How does shipping work?

Your customer will select a shipping method in the shopping cart, and pay shipping costs in addition to your custom print prices and any applicable taxes. Currently we ship through the USPS and FedEx, both domestically and internationally. More info.

No worries, there's no invoice or mention of pricing in the order packaging.

I was unsure because I was doing the purchasing myself--and then just entering their shipping information. I plan on using this method for less tech savy customers.