Options

Software for processing a lot of photo's

Primo-PhotoPrimo-Photo Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
edited April 6, 2005 in Cameras
Is anyone familar with some software that is helps you process a lot of pictures quickly for down loading to JPEG on the web ( professional or semi professional software).:dunno
Last weekend I took about 150 of some basketball games and it took me about 3 sittings to go through them all. Currently I take my pictures in RAW, do some minor adjustment with then Canon Digital Professional Version 1.1.0.2. I then batch convert them to TIFF. TIFF is my raw backup state ( negative). I next batch convert them to photoshop using photoshop CS. Once in photoshop I start going through them individually ( sharpen, image sizing, lighten and save them back in the photoshop format. Once complete, they are batch convert to JPEG and down load to my website (primo-photo.com). Where possible, I am using the batch cammand in photo shop to speed up my process, but I am look for something even quicker and simplier. Anyway, as you can see, it doesn't sound like the simpliest process and when I have a lot of photos, it can take a while to process. Any suggestion will be appreicated. :thumb

Thanks... Primo

Comments

• Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,914 moderator
    edited March 27, 2005
    You could try C1 Pro from PhaseOne.

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    dirtbikejunkiedirtbikejunkie Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited March 27, 2005
    IrfanView, www.irfanview.com, is a free utility that has batch processing support for converting file types, resisizing, contrast/brightness, etc.

It is a very simple utility, but is quick and effective.
  • Options
    MitchMitch Registered Users Posts: 111 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2005
    If your using PSCS give "Dr Brown's Image Processor" a try. It's really a PS script, but it works well.

Click here for the Processor
  • Options
    mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2005
    At 150 photos I'm not sure what you can do. Your process is rather intensive as is, and I think its mostly because of all the manual stuff you do.

I'm the official track photographer for my local shifter kart track. I'll do 600 photos for a small race. I might do 2,000 for a big event. The way I make this manageable is to get the photos as close to correct as possible when I click the shutter. My first question for you is, can you get away from shooting RAW in the first place?

I'll shoot large-fine JPG with some amount of in-camera sharpening, constrast and saturation (20D set to Parameters 1). Personally, I don't believe shooting RAW would give me any benefit. If its overcast I'll bump up the EC by 2/3, maybe bump the contrast up as well. I fire a flash when possible, regardless of lighting, with -2/3 of FEC. I've also figured out a few simple Photoshop steps that are completely automatic that I can batch.

If I were you, I would first look to see what manual steps I could remove from my process and still get acceptable results. That appears to be where most your work and effort is.
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu
  • Options
    digismiledigismile Registered Users Posts: 955 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2005
    Mitch wrote:
    If your using PSCS give "Dr Brown's Image Processor" a try. It's really a PS script, but it works well.

Click here for the Processor
    I agree with Mitch. I use this script all the time in File Browser. You can re-size, save as multiple file types, sharpen, change colorspace to SRGB, all in one pass. And it's free.

Brad