Options

Is'nt she *BEAUTIFUL* !!!

WildWallyWildWally Registered Users Posts: 494 Major grins
edited July 22, 2008 in Wildlife
334744964_CNJbE-L-1.jpg full exif here ... http://wildwally.smugmug.com/photos/newexif.mg?ImageID=334744964&ImageKey=CNJbE
Not sure what kind of bird it is , but she was SCREAMING , "Take my photo!!!"

Comments

• Options
    Jim WJim W Registered Users Posts: 49 Big grins
    edited July 19, 2008
    I have no idea what it is, but you got a great shot
  • Options
    AllannAllann Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
    edited July 19, 2008
    Curlew
    Jim W wrote:
    I have no idea what it is, but you got a great shot
    Great shot. This wonderful bird is a Curlew. I have included an image here of the female taken during a cool mid-afternoon walk at our local park yesterday. Canon 300D 214mm 1/40 sec f5.6

334883061_Tf2ou-L.jpg
    The Bush Stone-curlew, or Bush Thick-knee, is a large (52 to 58 cm), slim, mainly nocturnal, ground-dwelling bird. It is mostly grey-brown above, streaked with black and rufous. It is whitish below with clear, vertical black streaks. The bill is small and black, and the eye is large and yellow, with a prominent white eyebrow. Both sexes are similar. The voice is a characteristic drawn-out, mournful "wer-loooo", often heard at dusk and during the night.

Young Bush Stone-curlews are similar in appearance to the adults, but are paler, and a little browner in colour.

The Bush Stone-curlew is quite an unusual looking bird, and unlike any other bird found in Australia. The related Beach Stone-curlew, Esacus neglectus, has a much larger bill and more boldly marked face, and has little or no black streaking on the body.

Check out my bird gallery for this an other wonderful bird shots taken in the last month.
    Canon 5D2, 1D3
    600/4 L, 70-200/2.8 L, 24-70 L

My smugmug account
  • Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2008
    Excellent capture Wally, great details and exposure. clap.gif My only nit is that you cut part of its feet.
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    MaestroMaestro Registered Users Posts: 5,395 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2008
    Nice image. I like the eye, but how does it defy gravity like that? mwink.gif
  • Options
    WildWallyWildWally Registered Users Posts: 494 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2008
    HHHmmm.. What ever do you mean Harry ??? mwink.gif
    Harryb wrote:
    Excellent capture Wally, great details and exposure. clap.gif My only nit is that you cut part of its feet.
  • Options
    bhowdybhowdy Registered Users Posts: 658 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2008
    Excellent photo Wally. Cool for me since I have never seen one of these. clap.gif

Bob
    Maryville, TN.

http://bhowdy.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    raptorcaptorraptorcaptor Registered Users Posts: 3,968 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2008
    Harryb wrote:

15524779-Ti.gif Where did you find this gal!
    Glenn

My website | NANPA Member