Options

More racing, different photog

BBonesBBones Registered Users Posts: 580 Major grins
edited April 6, 2005 in Sports
Kiele came with me to the races on Saturday and was using my old 828. Alot of the riders saw her and would throw a wheelie for her at the end of the races (she liked those too much to worry about shooting them). Here are the pics that she took, the only editing I did was to crop them down in size so they had less tree/more rider in the picture.

http://studio819.smugmug.com/gallery/470082

Glad she is on my side and not my competition, this was the first race she had filmed. Prior to that I had her filming seagulls down on the Kirkland waterfront to get used to the panning motion.

Comments

• Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited April 6, 2005
    Brandon,

She did really well for her first time and shooting with a 200mm limitation thumb.gifthumb.gif I guess she has a good teacher mwink.gif I really liked her "pit" shots that didn't need much tele clap.gifclap.gif

She did great, now for the tough question. Did she enjoy herself? IOW, is she looking forward to being your sidekick at future events?

Thanks for sharing,
    Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited April 6, 2005
    Yeah I was equally impressed with her shots, I guess she really has been listening to me as far as shooting goes, her pans were great. She wants to do alot more of the shooting at the track and I told her she could and that she should be doing more of the pit shots because no one does that but everyone likes those pics. Besides, could anyone be more of the hidden eye of the pits then a 48" person? :)
  • Options
    edited April 6, 2005
    Wish I would have taken a better shot of her panning, you can see that she is twisted up from the pan and the tip of the 828 but not the body of it. Ah well, another time:

19083073-L.jpg
  • Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited April 6, 2005
    That's a great shot thumb.gifthumb.gif I mean, IMO, it's something a cycle mag would definitely publish clap.gifclap.gif

If you don't sell it, it should be printed large and hung on your wall.

OUTSTANDING!!!

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero