Options

B&W or Color

Lucky HackLucky Hack Registered Users Posts: 594 Major grins
edited April 8, 2005 in Holy Macro
I know the difference is subtle but I can't decide between this...
Chance favors the prepared mind. -Louis Pasteur

Comments

• Options
    edited April 6, 2005
    or this...
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,697 moderator
    edited April 6, 2005
    Lucky Hack wrote:
    or this...

Do you prefer a green windshield or a grey one? The second image has values of absolutely neutral greyin the windshield, but the first is ever so slightly green. Not sure how visible it will be in a print - ne_nau.gif
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    edited April 6, 2005
    pathfinder wrote:
    Do you prefer a green windshield or a grey one? The second image has values of absolutely neutral greyin the windshield, but the first is ever so slightly green. Not sure how visible it will be in a print - ne_nau.gif
    maybe that's what I'll do, get prints and see if I can tell the difference... I like the warmth of the chrome and the slight green of the windshield, but this shot seems more suited towards b&w ne_nau.gif

hoping this message finds you well -Ian
  • Options
    fourseasonsfourseasons Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited April 7, 2005
    Lucky Hack wrote:
    I know the difference is subtle but I can't decide between this...
    I like "or this" better, which is #2. #2 looks like true studio photo, #1 is nice, but doesn't have that 'classic' feeling as #2.
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2005
    I prefer #2. However, I had no idea what it is. And looking at it, I still don't.

From the posts, I am guessing it is a car. Since I am not a car "person", maybe that is the problem, or maybe it could be made a bit more obvious.

But I do prefer the second one.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    dragon300zxdragon300zx Registered Users Posts: 2,575 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2005
    Ginger that would be a black oh I'd say 50's cadillac. Bout as much as I can tell from the photos. Maybe Buick or other chevy product. I personally as a car freak preffer number 1. Why I dont know. It just seems more "shiny" to me. But I like number 2 more if some tweaks were made to it I think.

PS There is a spot on your windshield.
    Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Do Not Have Film.
    www.zxstudios.com
    http://creativedragonstudios.smugmug.com
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2005
    Which part of the car is the white square?

g
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited April 7, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Which part of the car is the white square?

g
    the windshield (reflecting sky) and it's a Chevy.
  • Options
    edited April 7, 2005
    Angelo wrote:
    the windshield (reflecting sky) and it's a Chevy.

Good eye! It's a 56 Chevy BelAir Coupe.
  • Options
    edited April 7, 2005
    Ginger that would be a black oh I'd say 50's cadillac. Bout as much as I can tell from the photos. Maybe Buick or other chevy product. I personally as a car freak preffer number 1. Why I dont know. It just seems more "shiny" to me. But I like number 2 more if some tweaks were made to it I think.

PS There is a spot on your windshield.

thanks for the crit dragon, how would you tweak it ?
  • Options
    dragon300zxdragon300zx Registered Users Posts: 2,575 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2005
    Honestly as I am not a seasoned vet myself with photoshop yet I would throw it in CS and start "playing" till I either got what I wanted or decided the original with a tint of color worked best. I would prolly start with curves and contrasts. My biggest thing with automotive shots (although not everyone agree's but thats why I said its my thing) especially ones like this is I love some shine. Its gotta have a nice shiny point to it. If its dull then doesn't work for me unless the point of the picture is that the car needs a new paint job. I have some examples I will post tomorrow. Tonight I am to tired and after looking at all the photos I took in florida (and realizing it is close to 1000 total photos) I got overwhelemed.
    Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Do Not Have Film.
    www.zxstudios.com
    http://creativedragonstudios.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited April 8, 2005
    Honestly as I am not a seasoned vet myself with photoshop yet I would throw it in CS and start "playing" till I either got what I wanted or decided the original with a tint of color worked best. I would prolly start with curves and contrasts. My biggest thing with automotive shots (although not everyone agree's but thats why I said its my thing) especially ones like this is I love some shine. Its gotta have a nice shiny point to it. If its dull then doesn't work for me unless the point of the picture is that the car needs a new paint job. I have some examples I will post tomorrow. Tonight I am to tired and after looking at all the photos I took in florida (and realizing it is close to 1000 total photos) I got overwhelemed.

1000! I get overwhelmed when I take 300, get some sleep, post those photos whenever you get a chance, I'll look forward to them in the mean time.

hoping this message finds you rested -Ian
  • Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2005
    The first time I looked at the pictures I couldn't make out what it was and subsequently didn't like it much ne_nau.gif

Suddenly the car just appeared :D, cool thumb.gif

Oh and I prefer the colour, but there's not a lot in it

thumb.gif