10. 337139096_MdmJf-L.jpg
"The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion

Comments

• Options
    JDEORTAJDEORTA Registered Users Posts: 144 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2008
    I like them all, Nice job. We need to set something up and go shoot some photos.deal.gif ?
    Jose D.
    Canon 40D
    EF 28-135 IS USM
    Speedlight 580EX II

www.deortaphotography.com
  • Options
    anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2008
    JDEORTA wrote:
    I like them all, Nice job. We need to set something up and go shoot some photos.deal.gif ?

Hey Jose wave.gif
    Thanks... and 15524779-Ti.gif

Aaron Newman

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2008
    Aaron,
    good stuff! thumb.gif Esp. considering the circumstances... mwink.gif
    There are minor details here and there, all curable in PS.
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2008
    A very cool idea overall and mostly executed pretty well. I have minor gripes. The first one really needs the horizon levelled out, and you cropped out a tiny portion of the truck and its a bit distracting as a result. A few of the others have minor compositional/cropping issues as well, such as a part of a foot or hand missing off the edge of the image, etc. But overall very nice and very creative.
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu
  • Options
    edited July 23, 2008
    mercphoto wrote:
    A very cool idea overall and mostly executed pretty well. I have minor gripes. The first one really needs the horizon levelled out, and you cropped out a tiny portion of the truck and its a bit distracting as a result. A few of the others have minor compositional/cropping issues as well, such as a part of a foot or hand missing off the edge of the image, etc. But overall very nice and very creative.

Thanks Bill-

Yes there are issues but some were done to fix bigger ones. I didn't have any say in the location- it was a car show- that happened to have some girls dressed up to fit the part and willing to do some pictures. The 1st shot was cropped because just to the left of that spot is a giant cell tower- and then a light pole. I was also working around another car to the right- the cars in the background- palms- etc.

The location is an older part of Phoenix so there are power lines- palm trees- light poles- a billboard- plus the usual difficulties of a car show like people- other cars- and reflections.

With the addition of it being 106 that day it was one of those "Good Luck and Do what you can situations".

Hopefully I can get a shoot with 1 girl and 1 car in a good location. deal.gif

Thanks again

Aaron Newman

• Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2008
    Good stuff,

One reason i detest car shows is because it's nigh unto imposable to get a photo that shows the fantastic automobiles as they should be seen.

Sam

Almost forgot: Great shots, and to mercphoto..........there is a car in photo #1?
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2008
    Sam wrote:
    Good stuff,
    One reason i detest car shows is because it's nigh unto imposable to get a photo that shows the fantastic automobiles as they should be seen.
    well, one reason to do it can be taking the pics as good as you can, get the owners info and then later approach them and say, hey, here's what I got from the effing show, imagine what I can do for you and your car if I have proper conditions:-) mwink.gif
    to mercphoto..........there is a car in photo #1?
    Laughing.gif, my sentiment exactly :-)
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    edited July 23, 2008
    Nikolai wrote:
    well, one reason to do it can be taking the pics as good as you can, get the owners info and then later approach them and say, hey, here's what I got from the effing show, imagine what I can do for you and your car if I have proper conditions:-) mwink.gif

15524779-Ti.gif

I gave more cards to car owners than models and photographers.

Aaron Newman

• Options
    VysionousVysionous Registered Users Posts: 109 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2008
    Fantastic shoot. First model is blazing hot as well. I prefer the colored photos in that series to the B&W or Sepia ones. But I truly enjoyed the series.

My comments:

#1- The image could've done much better without the white line at the end. Or maybe if the pic was straightened.

10- I dislike the brightened car interior, makes me lose focus of the girl.

Again, fantastic I really enjoyed. :)
    In the dawn, an angel was dancing. Surrounded by an aura of light.
    But in the shadows, Vysionous was watching, and with patience awaiting the night.

http://vysionous.deviantart.com
  • Options
    edited July 23, 2008
    Vysionous wrote:
    Fantastic shoot. First model is blazing hot as well. I prefer the colored photos in that series to the B&W or Sepia ones. But I truly enjoyed the series.

My comments:

#1- The image could've done much better without the white line at the end. Or maybe if the pic was straightened.

10- I dislike the brightened car interior, makes me lose focus of the girl.

Again, fantastic I really enjoyed. :)

Yeap- I could see about losing the parking stripe in the 1st. Straightening really won't help- I tried it :cry

I have #10 in regular color too- just thought I would throw out a little funky one.

Thanks for the comments thumb.gif

Aaron Newman

• Options
    cmorganphotographycmorganphotography Registered Users Posts: 980 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2008
    Oh you mean these??rolleyes1.gif I went to website and couldn't find girls near any cars. Then I checked people and there they were!
    I like the Blonde Model. She had a niec retro outfit with a modern turn and her hair was very Marylin which isn't going to be bad thing, inho, ever.
    #1 I think I would have liked it better if she had sat on the edge had crossed her legs. As it is I'd just crop out the parking lot around her.
    #2 I like all the colours and you got rid of the parking lot. Mid day light is horrible but I think this is a nice shot.
    #3 I like the treatment and photo. I wish she'd put her legs on the other side. Maybe a nice shot of getting out of the car?
    #4 The Pp is strange, her legs are really long. I don't know what happened.
    #5 The sepia treatment fits the period better- Nik pointed out the poles, so now I'm seeing them, maybe blur them out?
    #6 I don't care for this one. Maybe it's the dirty truck, maybe it's very little of the modle being shown. ne_nau.gif
    #7 I wish she was applying lipstick, it give you more story and interest in why she's looking at the mirror. Nice concept though!
    #8 and #9 - pale people and sun, it just never works. I like her attitude in #9 and you did well in balancing the bg and the flash on her. So good job. - I'm not a lighting expert though. My outside pics are always too dark.
    #10 Such a tiny space! I don't like cramped places. Cute pose and instesting pp work. Fancy shoes.
    Rockabilly is diff than pin up. Chicks are more rough and tumble in RB... which oddly embraces the facial piercings. Thanks for posting! Keep it up and you'll get better in no time. Look at me, I feel like I've improved!
  • Options
    edited July 23, 2008
    Oh you mean these??rolleyes1.gif I went to website and couldn't find girls near any cars. Then I checked people and there they were!
    I like the Blonde Model. She had a niec retro outfit with a modern turn and her hair was very Marylin which isn't going to be bad thing, inho, ever.
    #1 I think I would have liked it better if she had sat on the edge had crossed her legs. As it is I'd just crop out the parking lot around her.
    #2 I like all the colours and you got rid of the parking lot. Mid day light is horrible but I think this is a nice shot.
    #3 I like the treatment and photo. I wish she'd put her legs on the other side. Maybe a nice shot of getting out of the car?
    #4 The Pp is strange, her legs are really long. I don't know what happened.
    #5 The sepia treatment fits the period better- Nik pointed out the poles, so now I'm seeing them, maybe blur them out?
    #6 I don't care for this one. Maybe it's the dirty truck, maybe it's very little of the modle being shown. ne_nau.gif
    #7 I wish she was applying lipstick, it give you more story and interest in why she's looking at the mirror. Nice concept though!
    #8 and #9 - pale people and sun, it just never works. I like her attitude in #9 and you did well in balancing the bg and the flash on her. So good job. - I'm not a lighting expert though. My outside pics are always too dark.
    #10 Such a tiny space! I don't like cramped places. Cute pose and instesting pp work. Fancy shoes.
    Rockabilly is diff than pin up. Chicks are more rough and tumble in RB... which oddly embraces the facial piercings. Thanks for posting! Keep it up and you'll get better in no time. Look at me, I feel like I've improved!

Thanks for the comments-

Legs look long in #4 because it was shot with the 7-14mm- only thing besides a fish eye that would work in the back seat of a 1978 Cadillac. deal.gif The PP is just adjustments to Shadows & Saturation.

Aaron Newman

• Options
    cmorganphotographycmorganphotography Registered Users Posts: 980 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2008
    anwmn1 wrote:
    Legs look long in #4 because it was shot with the 7-14mm- only thing besides a fish eye that would work in the back seat of a 1978 Cadillac.
    Yeah, you can't really move forward or backward in the front seat with your subject in the back. Maybe if she tucked up her feet and sat upright for you it'd work. I'll try that the next backseat photoshoot I tackle. deal.gif
  • Options
    edited July 23, 2008
    Yeah, you can't really move forward or backward in the front seat with your subject in the back. Maybe if she tucked up her feet and sat upright for you it'd work. I'll try that the next backseat photoshoot I tackle. deal.gif

I don't think I have that look but something similar in the gallery

Aaron Newman

• Options
    TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2008
    umm....this is talent, the photog aint bad either....
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    edited July 23, 2008
    umm....this is talent, the photog aint bad either....

rolleyes1.gif thanks man

Aaron Newman

• Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2008
    I really like all the shots.....but the rockabily part I ain't seeing.....I did time in the hills of Arkansas and let me tell you rockabily ain't dead there yet......oh let me expain "doing time in hills of Ark".....wasn't in prison just High School, evn tho it felt like prison at itmes and I was and outside moving into unknow teratory and left feeling so good about being and out sider.....all them there Hillbilly/Arkansas jokes are really true.

I do like the very much RETRO look......Great Work!!thumb.gifthumbbowdown.gifbow
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited July 23, 2008
    Art Scott wrote:
    I really like all the shots.....but the rockabily part I ain't seeing.....I did time in the hills of Arkansas and let me tell you rockabily ain't dead there yet......oh let me expain "doing time in hills of Ark".....wasn't in prison just High School, evn tho it felt like prison at itmes and I was and outside moving into unknow teratory and left feeling so good about being and out sider.....all them there Hillbilly/Arkansas jokes are really true.

I do like the very much RETRO look......Great Work!!thumb.gifthumbbowdown.gifbow

rolleyes1.gif

Yeah I don't know if Arizonians and Californians can pull of the rockabilly but I wasn't going to argue with them either. There was actually a good mix of cars from tricked out hot rods, to vw's, lowriders, and rat rods.

Thanks for the comments Scott thumb.gif

Aaron Newman

• Options
    christinamaechristinamae Registered Users Posts: 484 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2008
    Nice series Aaron! I'll have to remember to go to the next one - I'm sure hubby wouldn't mind going. :D