Options

Wobbler's Syndrome

geospatial_junkiegeospatial_junkie Registered Users Posts: 707 Major grins
edited July 30, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
This is "Wolf", one of my dogs. He is a malamute-shepherd cross that I picked up from the humane society years ago. He is one my best friends in the whole world. Preliminary tests show that there is a strong possibility that he has picked up wobblers syndrome. Many a long day he and his brother have kept me company while ice fishing on lonely lakes in northern and central Ontario.

337574037_Nyj3C-L.jpg

Please get better buddy.
"They've done studies you know. Sixty-percent of the time, it works every time."

My Website
My Photo Blog
Twitter Feed

Comments

• Options
    TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2008
    i do not know what that problem is, but i for sure dont like the sound of it. get better little buddy.!

p.s Wolf is a split image of my childhood best friend.
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    edited July 23, 2008
    I'll pass along the message. He'd follow me to ends of the earth if he had to. Very loyal.
    "They've done studies you know. Sixty-percent of the time, it works every time."

My Website
    My Photo Blog
    Twitter Feed
  • Options
    richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2008
    Sorry to hear that. I hope there's a treatment for it. :cry

For those who don't know what Wobbler's is:
    http://www.cvm.uiuc.edu/petcolumns/showarticle.cfm?id=205
  • Options
    cmorganphotographycmorganphotography Registered Users Posts: 980 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2008
    Poor puppy. I hope his spine is ok. Have they done the xrays yet? I hope for surgery and no malformations. iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    edited July 24, 2008
    Thanks everyone. They've done a few radiographs, but they are still not 100% sure. From what I understand, this is something that can't be corrected by surgery... if it is indeed what they suspect.

My Website
    My Photo Blog
    Twitter Feed
  • Options
    edited July 29, 2008
    Looks like the medicam they gave him works wonders as he appears to be back to his old self. The real test about 10 days after I stop giving him the medication. They are holding off on any more radiographs until then.

Things are looking up! :D

My Website
    My Photo Blog
    Twitter Feed
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2008
    This is "Wolf", one of my dogs. He is a malamute-shepherd cross that I picked up from the humane society years ago. He is one my best friends in the whole world. Preliminary tests show that there is a strong possibility that he has picked up wobblers syndrome. Many a long day he and his brother have kept me company while ice fishing on lonely lakes in northern and central Ontario.

Please get better buddy.

He's a nice looking Dog, hope he does well with treatment.
    Our pets bring such joy to our lives, but gosh they just break your heart when things start going wrong for them.

All the best Wolf .... lovely shot goespatial_junkie thumb.gif ... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin