Options

My Grandfather

StanStan Registered Users Posts: 1,077 Major grins
edited April 8, 2005 in Holy Macro
Way back when photographs were precious, someone took a picture of my grandfather, infront of what is now my house. He was born in 1901, he's wearing the hat. Anyway i found a few glass negs and some slides. Here is a neg 4 1/4 X 31/4 inch glass plate. I transferred them onto Cd at between 18 and 40 mb each now all I need is to clean them up. As I go through them I will add them to Smugmug, but here is the first the original is 3. something meg if you want to play with healing and clone brushes :rofl

Here is the photo scan
19014951-L.jpg

and a photo of the neg if you care with a safety pin cos I don't understand your money and you won't understand mine :dunno

19016017-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2005
    That is soooo cool! And the house is still in the family, that is even cooler.

g
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    edited April 5, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    That is soooo cool! And the house is still in the family, that is even cooler.

g
    Thanks Ginger

I know this story, my Grandfather and his brothers bought a canoe in Cambridge and paddled it home. There is no way you could do that now, the water is not there for a boat like this

19016991-M.jpg
  • Options
    John MuellerJohn Mueller Registered Users Posts: 2,555 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2005
    This is cool.I like old shots like this.Thanks for sharing.
    Lets see morethumb.gif
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,911 moderator
    edited April 5, 2005
    Thanks for sharing!

The scans are pretty nice for that first pass too.

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    edited April 5, 2005
    MHJS wrote:
    This is cool.I like old shots like this.Thanks for sharing.
    Lets see morethumb.gif
    Ok here's one. Probably Lake Victoria. The healing brush is a sinch on the water but the rocks are impossible

19017737-M.jpg

Feel free to play with the larger files
  • Options
    Peter DumontPeter Dumont Registered Users Posts: 261 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2005
    Amazing
    Stan wrote:
    Way back when photographs were precious, someone took a picture of my grandfather, infront of what is now my house. He was born in 1901, he's wearing the hat. Anyway i found a few glass negs and some slides. Here is a neg 4 1/4 X 31/4 inch glass plate. I transferred them onto Cd at between 18 and 40 mb each now all I need is to clean them up. As I go through them I will add them to Smugmug, but here is the first the original is 3. something meg if you want to play with healing and clone brushes rolleyes1.gif

Here is the photo scan
    19014951-L.jpg

and a photo of the neg if you care with a safety pin cos I don't understand your money and you won't understand mine ne_nau.gif
    19016017-M.jpg

Stan,

I checked out these images size "original" on your website and I must say I am amazed by the detail .
    The world was a cleaner place in those days for sure .:cry
    Thanks for posting them.

Bye,
    Peter Dumont
  • Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2005
    Excellent stuff Stan & very interesting, I'm looking forward to seeing more!!