Options

memories

Peter DumontPeter Dumont Registered Users Posts: 261 Major grins
edited April 8, 2005 in Holy Macro
Memories

Hi y'all !

In the old days most people never took any pictures at all.

They would ocasionally have their picture taken by a " profesional " photographer.

I guess the rarity of such a photograph would make it more special for them.

I have a couple of old photographs of my family and I have put them up on the chimney.

They are very dear to me.
I thought I'd share them with you.

Bye,
Peter Dumont

Comments

• Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,696 moderator
    edited April 6, 2005
    Memories

Hi y'all !

In the old days most people never took any pictures at all.

They would ocasionally have their picture taken by a " profesional " photographer.

I guess the rarity of such a photograph would make it more special for them.

I have a couple of old photographs of my family and I have put them up on the chimney.

They are very dear to me.
    I thought I'd share them with you.

Bye,
    Peter Dumont

Welcome to dgrin, Peter. That is more than a few prints. Neat.

I've seen that avatar before - I think in your gallery that Andy linked to for the current challenge.
    Old family photos are a great resource. I began digitizing my family pictures (slides, prints and daguerrotypes too) 5 or 6 years ago, never knowing at the time how much I needed to learn. It has been a great experience, and every year or two I give my family a CD or a set of prints rescued from the degradations of time.
    My wife has created a beautiful family recipe book illustrated with photos of her parents, grandparents and siblings. I think her family will prize it highly and pass it on to the next generation.
    Once again Peter, welcome to dgrin. :):
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2005
    An excellent collection and an excellent picture, I can understand why they are so dear to you, thanks for sharing.