Options

Question on LR Beta

rspartsrsparts Registered Users Posts: 217 Major grins
edited July 25, 2008 in Finishing School
So I took some photos for a friend of mine to use for his Screen Printing website and I decided to play around in Light Room and see what kind of neat things I could come up with. I think this one is my favorite.

RC.jpg

Question though...Whenever I export and image from LR Beta to my desktop, and then open it in "Preview", I always click "Adjust Size" but then when I try to change from 1024x768 to 800x600, the inches and resolution always change dramatically.

Ok when I open the photo fresh out of LR Beta, the sizes are around 11.87" x 17.87" and the resolution is 240 ppi. Then when I change the size to 800x600, then size changes to around 1.66" x 2.5" and the resolution stays at 240. If I change the res to 300 ppi, the image gets real fuzzy. I can't seem to figure out why my images are changing to such small dimensions. Please if someone has any insight as to how I can avoid this, please share. I should mention that it only happens with photos I've altered in LR Beta.

Comments

• Options
    1pocket1pocket Registered Users Posts: 298 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2008
    Well it is an interesting effect, but I am negatively distracted by the oversized black handgrip in the foreground and his deeply shadowed eye socket. Of course, this could just be a matter of taste, lol... Maybe try it on some different photos to see what kind of original capture works best for the effect?
    My humble gallery...
    www.steveboothphotography.com

Pool/Billiards specific...
    www.poolinaction.com
  • Options
    WildWallyWildWally Registered Users Posts: 494 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2008
    are you talking about LR II Beta ??
  • Options
    edited July 19, 2008
    WildWally wrote:
    are you talking about LR II Beta ??

yes
  • Options
    edited July 19, 2008
    still curious about the sizing issue. any takes on that?
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,933 moderator
    edited July 20, 2008
    rsparts wrote:
    still curious about the sizing issue. any takes on that?

I moved this to the Finishing School forum. Hopefully one of our LR gurus knows the answer.
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,933 moderator
    edited July 25, 2008
    Richard wrote:
    I moved this to the Finishing School forum. Hopefully one of our LR gurus knows the answer.

Bump with new title.