Options

REST API questions about boolean fields

KyhiKyhi Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
In the response returned from smugmug I sometimes get an empty string for boolean fields. I've included a sample below that shows that Public, Password, Filename, Comments, External, Share and SortDirection did not return a 0 or 1. Does this always mean that the value is 0 (false)? I had a hard time posting the actual XML, it would always lose the less than and greater than signs. How do I post XML?

method: smugmug.albums.getInfo<filenames><comments><external><originals><exif><share><sortmethod><sortdirection><lastupdated><familyedit><friendedit><filenames>
Public=
Password=
Printable=1
Filenames=
Comments=
External=
Originals=1
EXIF=1
Share=
SortMethod=Position
SortDirection=
LastUpdated=2005-03-30 18:08:05
FamilyEdit=0
FriendEdit=0

Thanks
Bill</filenames></friendedit></familyedit></lastupdated></sortdirection></sortmethod></share></exif></originals></external></comments></filenames>

Comments

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2005
    XML posting
    Kyhi wrote:
    I had a hard time posting the actual XML, it would always lose the less than and greater than signs. How do I post XML?
    </FILENAMES></FRIENDEDIT></FAMILYEDIT></LASTUPDATED></SORTDIRECTION></SORTMETHOD></SHARE></EXIF></ORIGINALS></EXTERNAL></COMMENTS></FILENAMES>
    I have the same problem. VBulletin does not like XML tags at all.
    The only way I managed to find working is to surround XML text with php quotes. Adn even then there is a catch: you can only post it once. If you preview or edit it, the formatting's gone.

It sucks, I know, but so far I don't know of better solution..

HTH

Cheers!1drink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"