Options

Memory Cards

gsgarygsgary Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
edited April 8, 2005 in Accessories
I have just bought a Fujifilm S7000 which has two card slots XD Picture card and Compact Flah, the question is do you get better quality pic from the XD card or Compact flash
Regards
Gaz

Comments

• Options
    marlofmarlof Registered Users Posts: 1,833 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2005
    There's no difference in image quality, the same bits should end up on both cards. There might be a difference in write times (the speed with which an image is written to one of the cards). And there's the price point: you can probably get a fast large CF card for less than you can get a large xD card.

There might also be some more device specific limitations: in my dual card Sony F828 (Memorystick Pro and Compact Flash), there's also a difference in that a Memorystick can use the finer movie mode, where Compact Flash can not. Even when the CF card is speedier than a MS Pro card in writing a still image... If there are similar limitations in your Fujifilm I don't know.
    enjoy being here while getting there
  • Options
    digismiledigismile Registered Users Posts: 955 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2005
    Gaz,

In my local area CF cards are about 30-40% less for the same capacity compared to xD.

As much as they are the smallest form factor, they seem like they could be a little flimsy (i.e. easy to break if you accidently bend them).

An advantage to buying CF now, is that it is basically the standard for dSLR's should you ever decide to upgrade your camera in the years ahead.

Brad
  • Options
    gsgarygsgary Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2005
    Thanks for the replies, i have a few cf cards so i should be ok for memory now
    just got to take some good photos
    Regards
    Gaz