<<< MINI CHALLENGE #7 Winner >>>

rhommelrhommel Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
edited February 21, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
Whew!! I was really hard making the decision for this challenge's winner!

Ok, without further ado... I bring you Challenge #7's winners!!

Honorable mentions: in no particular order

Jag
336004034_oeUNr-L-1.jpg

pyry
337449213_LCwGs-L.jpg

kundalini
DSC_1285.jpg

vandana
334942150_Bm3Jh-L-1.jpg

dadwtwins
251817209_z9tLc-L-4.jpg

TOP 3

3rd Place - davev
333841690_mhuYG-XL.jpg

2nd Place - PaulThimasMcKee
338393572_ryLVL-XL.jpg

and the winner is!!!!

1st Place: shatch
338819708_Gsbsd-L.jpg

Thanks everyone for participating!!! Ok Shatch, the floor is yours for challenge #8!

Comments

• TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2008
    Shatch you creative bugger you! great gob! congratsclap.gif
    Aaron Nelson
  • pyrypyry Registered Users Posts: 1,733 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2008
    Thanks for the mention Rhommel! bowdown.gif

Congrats to the top 3 and other HMs. I shoulda put some bets down, Shatch! :D
    Creativity's hard.

http://pyryekholm.kuvat.fi/
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2008
    clap.gif Congratulations!!!
  • shatchshatch Registered Users Posts: 798 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2008
    :jawdrop
    Wow! With all of the other amazing photos, I thought maybe an honorable mention, but wow! Thanks!! Pyry, you do need to put money down on these. Make a blog and start a following. Thanks rhommel for your selection! It was fun to watch the creative approaches to this competition. Some truly amazing shots!! Many were better than mine in my opinion. Congratulations to those who entered and those who had honorable mentions!! Watch for the new contest. It will start really soon! Look forward to sitting back and enjoying, then stressing on the selection.
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited July 26, 2008
    Congrats Satch!
    Super job that Satch didthumb.gif
    that was really a tough challenge. Thank you Rhommel for the mentions.wings.gif
  • sunitasunita Registered Users Posts: 210 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2008
    Congratulations to the winners! Superb photos! clap.gifclapclap.gif
  • davevdavev Registered Users Posts: 3,118 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2008
    As Fernando would say:
    "It's better to look good than to feel good, and darling, you look marvelous."

Good to be able to put some faces with the nicknames now.

Rhommel, thanks for the HM. I know judging wasn't easy with all the greats shots in here.

This contest started out a little slow, but in the end there were 60 posts and 2700 looks. That ain't bad.

Congrats Shatch, that's a fine looking photo.
    dave.

Basking in the shadows of yesterday's triumphs'.
  • MrsCueMrsCue Registered Users Posts: 412 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2008
    Such a creative SP. Congrats Shatch! clap.gif
    Canon EOS 40D, Canon EOS 350D, 50mm 1.8 MKII prime lens, 17-40mm f/4 L lens, 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS lens, 430 EX speedlite, Tungsten Continuous studio light, Pocket Wizards, Gary Fong Lightsphere, Stofen Omni bounce diffuser, 5in1 reflector

• PaulThomasMcKeePaulThomasMcKee Registered Users Posts: 429 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2008
    Rommel, Thanks for including my photo in your picks! And thanks for the fun theme - it's always fun to put faces with names/nicknames. Congrat's to shatch on another entertaining and well crafted shot - he's got my vote for the title of "Mr. Consistancy" in these challenges.

I spent some time earlier in the week browsing your web sites and blog. I'm so impressed with your work - and especially what you've accomplished in such a short period of time - A true testament to both your determination and your natural talent as a photographer! Beautiful work.
  • migueldiabmigueldiab Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited July 27, 2008
    Great 1st place :D and all others too...
    Hope to stick around for a while, this being my first contest/entry to the forum... It's good to have a start already with all these new faces... I hope I learn enough to be on the top 3 one day :D

cheers all,

mike.
  • evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2008
    Great shots! I had a plan for a shot, but schoolwork among other problems had to come first and I never got a chance to implement it. I don't know that I would have ranked them any different, but I do know that rhommel had a tough choice between the top 3!!
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com
  • rhommelrhommel Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2008
    I spent some time earlier in the week browsing your web sites and blog. I'm so impressed with your work - and especially what you've accomplished in such a short period of time - A true testament to both your determination and your natural talent as a photographer! Beautiful work.

Hey there Paul, thank you very much for the compliment, specially coming from a talented photographer like you! there is still wayyyy too much too learn... good thing i am not a quitter :)
  • Karrie McDKarrie McD Registered Users Posts: 372 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2008
    congrats!
    Wow! What a fun challenge to watch. Congrats to all. I never knew self portraits could get so creative!
    "Whether you think you can or you can't, you are right."
  • iza143iza143 Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited February 21, 2009
    Minichallenge selfportrait
    This is great... I am trying to catch up checking all the challengies... but I think this one is my best...!