Options

Any Batch software to move files and rename?

wildviperwildviper Registered Users Posts: 560 Major grins
edited July 29, 2008 in Finishing School
Hi All,

I want a piece of software that would take C:\All Pictures and copy/move it to another drive (J:) and sort it there into Year/Month/Folder Name?

I have tried Roboimporter, but it seems to leave the XMP files behind. That serves no purpose absolutely. Btw, RoboImporter's speed is amazing though.

Thanx for any help.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
WildViper
From Nikon D70s > Nikon D300s & D700
Nikon 50/1.8, Tamron 28-75/2.8 1st gen, Nikkor 12-24/4, Nikkor 70-200/2.8 ED VR, SB600, SB900, SB-26 and Gitzo 2 Series Carbon Fiber with Kirk Ballhead

Comments

• Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,698 moderator
    edited July 21, 2008
    bump
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2008
    I think ImageIngester would do that. I haven't used it in a while, so I can't be 100% sure, but it might be worth a try.
  • Options
    ElginetPhotosElginetPhotos Registered Users Posts: 134 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2008
    Corel Photo Album

I've found this to be an amazing organizational program. From batch renaming and relocating files to resizing them as well when they do that.

It also gives you the capability to make a VCD playable in a DVD player with a gallery of pics you put in it.

It's cheap as well at around 69 bucks I believe.

Bill O'Neill - Media and Fire Photography
  • Options
    cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2008
    wildviper wrote:
    Hi All,

I want a piece of software that would take C:\All Pictures and copy/move it to another drive (J:) and sort it there into Year/Month/Folder Name?

I have tried Roboimporter, but it seems to leave the XMP files behind. That serves no purpose absolutely. Btw, RoboImporter's speed is amazing though.

Thanx for any help.

do you use Lightroom? You could simply create a new catalog, import from your All pictures, and tell it to sort the way you want.
  • Options
    sitsit Registered Users Posts: 87 Big grins
    edited July 29, 2008
    wildviper wrote:

exiftool! It's command line but is multi-platform. Google reveals there may be some GUIs but I haven't played with them. exiftool can slice and dice and rename your files based on whatever metadata you want.