Options

Opinions on monitor calibration kits

Unbrok3nUnbrok3n Registered Users Posts: 444 Major grins
edited July 29, 2008 in Finishing School
So, I know people have given their input on this topic, but I just need a fresh perspective. I want to get the most I can out of my pics. I have a crappy old Gateway EV700 and a dell latitude d360 laptop. The color on the gateway is good, but I want it calibrated. The 3 contestents are:
Spyder 2 or 3
Pantone Huey Pro
Eyeone display 2

The eyeone is twice the cost of the others (money is tight) but if it is really that much better and will last me a long time, I want to know.
Thanks so much!!
graphic designer/photographer

Comments

• Options
    arodneyarodney Registered Users Posts: 2,005 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2008
    I'd get the EyeOne Display-2.
    Andrew Rodney
    Author "Color Management for Photographers"
    http://www.digitaldog.net/
  • Options
    Unbrok3nUnbrok3n Registered Users Posts: 444 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2008
    Ya, im assuming the eye one will be worth the extra money. Is it easy to use? Im completely new to calibration.
    Any other opinions are appreciated.
    graphic designer/photographer
  • Options
    arodneyarodney Registered Users Posts: 2,005 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2008
    Unbrok3n wrote:
    Ya, im assuming the eye one will be worth the extra money. Is it easy to use? Im completely new to calibration.
    Any other opinions are appreciated.

Yes, and there's an easy mode which is where I'd start if you've got an LCD.
    Andrew Rodney
    Author "Color Management for Photographers"
    http://www.digitaldog.net/
  • Options
    spericsperic Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited July 29, 2008
    Unbrok3n wrote:
    So, I know people have given their input on this topic, but I just need a fresh perspective. I want to get the most I can out of my pics. I have a crappy old Gateway EV700 and a dell latitude d360 laptop. The color on the gateway is good, but I want it calibrated. The 3 contestents are:
    Spyder 2 or 3
    Pantone Huey Pro
    Eyeone display 2

The eyeone is twice the cost of the others (money is tight) but if it is really that much better and will last me a long time, I want to know.
    Thanks so much!!

I just got the spyder 2 and am very pleased with how it works and how easy it was to use. my prints come out looking very much like what I see on my monitor. it was also relatively inexpensive. i don't have experience with any other unit, but i'm not sure what else I would need. what i see on my monitor comes out the same on a print.