Options

Photography Show, and Sale

SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
edited July 29, 2008 in Mind Your Own Business
If this isn't the best place for this, please move it. Thanks.

I have a GREAT opportunity to share with some of my fellow local San Francisco Bay photographers.

I am just starting, NOW TODAY, to put together a photography show and sale. I have the venue, approved.

I will be getting exact measurements to determine how many photographers the location can accommodate. I think we could get about ten, 10 X 10 booths in this location. Although it will be outdoors the area is covered so tents won’t be needed. This is a high traffic area, and with some advertising we can increase the traffic even more.

This is your chance. If you have been thinking about selling your work, here is a ground floor opportunity to give it a try with absolute minimum risk.

You do not need to be a current professional photographer. You do need to have high quality images. I can help with mounting / framing information.

If you have an interest: e-mail me!

This is open to everyone.

Once I have a list of all those interested we will have a meeting to help those needing it, and to provide more details.

Show date to be determined, but I am looking at Aug 15 or the 22. It could be a one-day show or two.

Sam

flstcsam@aol.com.

Comments

• Options
    edited July 26, 2008
    No one??

I could also use help in the jury process. This won't be an elaborate process, but a method of being fair to all and keep the quality up.

Also if your in the Bay area, and have show panels you could lend or rent out please contact me.

Thanks!

Sam
  • Options
    edited July 29, 2008
    I'm amazed 139 views, and no responses. No one from the bay area?

No comments? Hey great idea? Are you nuts? This will never work, etc.

Sam ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2008
    A great idea. But your nuts. It might work. No comment.rolleyes1.gif

Just kidding. I would be interested but I am thousands of miles away. Just watching. It maybe something that I might like to do in my area.

You might also try some other forums where more San Fran people roam, if no response from the San Fran dgrinners. You may also search the members list here and try pm a few. Just an idea.
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me