Options

Swamp Birds

IraRunyanIraRunyan Registered Users Posts: 1,013 Major grins
edited July 30, 2008 in Wildlife
A few odds and ends from the Viera Wetlands..........

Egret_7429.jpg

Moorhen_7533.jpg

RedShoulderedHawk_7470.jpg

RedShoulderedHawk_7472.jpg

TriColoredHeron_7519.jpg

TriColoredHeron_7522.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Dennis KaczorDennis Kaczor Registered Users Posts: 2,413 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2008
    Nice series, the one that I really like is that 4th image outstanding shot! of the hawk.clap.gif
  • Options
    dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2008
    I'm gonna have to come down there. You guys have some great wildlife refuge outside your back door.. Where specifically in Florida are you?

Nice shooting Ira clap.gif
  • Options
    IraRunyanIraRunyan Registered Users Posts: 1,013 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2008
    dlplumer wrote:
    I'm gonna have to come down there. You guys have some great wildlife refuge outside your back door.. Where specifically in Florida are you?

Nice shooting Ira clap.gif

Brevard county, Major towns are Cocoa, Cocoa Beach, Titusville, Melbourne, and Palm Bay.

There are several areas great for photographing wildlife, including the Viera Wetlands, and the Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Major grins Rockledge, FL on the Space CoastPosts: 0 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2008
    Dan,

Fly into Orlando and head east to I-95. Then North to MINWR or South to the Viera Wetlands.

Jim
  • Options
    MaestroMaestro Registered Users Posts: 5,395 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2008
    Numbers 1 and 2 are extremely well composed catching some nice action. Great exposure with the great egret. The first red shouldered hawk looks a bit better than the second one. It does not fill the frame like the second, but it does seem sharper. The tricolored heron pics are strong as well with the second probably being stronger because to me it seems crisper with better composition.
  • Options
    dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2008
    Maestro wrote:
    The first red shouldered hawk looks a bit better than the second one. It does not fill the frame like the second, but it does seem sharper.

The second one looks sharper to me ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    SassyShotsSassyShots Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
    edited July 30, 2008
    All very nice shots .. and I agree with the one that said the second Hawk being more clear.

OK ... look at the second shot ... to the right of the adult duck ... when I first looked at it I saw an old mans face with glasses on!!!!!!!!!! rolleyes1.gifeek7.gif
    Debi
    Canon 40D
  • Options
    MaestroMaestro Registered Users Posts: 5,395 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2008
    dlplumer wrote:
    The second one looks sharper to me ne_nau.gif

Yeah, you're right. Tired eyes I guess. ne_nau.gif