Options

Last weekends wedding

ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
edited August 1, 2008 in Weddings
A few quick favorites from last weekends wedding. We went to a park before the ceremony and that was a lot of fun and pretty relaxing since we weren't holding anyone up at that point.

1)
339947984_6rrx8-M.jpg

2)
339953316_fHCyk-M.jpg

3)
339959567_XZyrE-M.jpg

4)
339941659_6baFC-M.jpg

5) This is the moment where I'm glad to be a photographer, I showed the couple this shot after I took it (since they had no clue I was taking it) and the wife was so ecstatic to see a shot like this of her husband and her that she was near tears. It was an amazing feeling to see her so affected by it
339945687_M72JW-M.jpg

6)
339944311_uTrjG-M.jpg

7)
339956390_jqRkz-M.jpg

8)
339941496_bm6kE-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2008
    I love the 1st a lot
    nice photos shima
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2008
    #2, you can see some muscle tension near his eyes while kissing her. Must have been intense. While in #3 he looks more relaxed kissing her.
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2008
    These are among the best I have seen from you yet Cat!....I love #1 and the last one. Great job!thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited July 30, 2008
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    These are among the best I have seen from you yet Cat!....I love #1 and the last one. Great job!thumb.gif

Wow! Thanks for such an awesome compliment.

Awais - Thanks :) as you and Jeff both like #1, so do I love it as well

Moogle - I hadn't even noticed the muscle tension until you pointed that out, most interesting!
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2008
    I like #1 and #4. They are great! I like how the dandilions are almost the exact same color as her boquet- pretty cool!

Well done Shima!
  • Options
    evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2008
    #2, you can see some muscle tension near his eyes while kissing her. Must have been intense. While in #3 he looks more relaxed kissing her.
    tart breath?
    :hide

Agree with others! #1 and #4 are really nice!
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com
  • Options
    PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2008
    Great Photos!

I like #1 & #8 the best.

Take Care,
    Chuck,
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com
  • Options
    chuckinsocalchuckinsocal Registered Users Posts: 932 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2008
    15524779-Ti.gif What everybody else said .... great series ... but I gotta say that the expression on the little girls face is totally precious .. great capture!
    Chuck Cannova
    www.socalimages.com

Artistically & Creatively Challenged
  • Options
    urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2008
    Hi Shima!

I've seen #1 done before, but I really like your take on it and it was very well executed. The perfect balance of sky and bouquet exposure, and DOF. I like the compositional decisions you made, like having the tree frame them and help make them stand out against the sky. clap.gif

Of the two kissing shots I prefer the first, I like his (newly ringed) hand on her face, and the emotion there is much more present than in the dancing one. Plus I like the BG and lighting better!

Your ring shots are just killer. 40D + 100mm, eh? You're doing a fantastic job at those macros! Those diamonds could go through EGL certification with your photos as the only reference. :encore

Beautiful set!!!
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • Options
    TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2008
    Cat, I think everyone has already covered the kudos. What I find impressive is how far your photography has come in the past year. thumb.gif
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2008
    Hice work, Cat! :-)
    Love the "Flower the Ring-bearer" shot, great idea! thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    edited August 1, 2008
    Travis wrote:
    Cat, I think everyone has already covered the kudos. What I find impressive is how far your photography has come in the past year. thumb.gif

I guess the same can be said for many of us here Travis. A while back, I dug up my first post on the forum.....EEEEEw!!!!eek7.gif

Maybe we should have a thread with our first posted shot....and include a recently posted one to encourage newcomers about what all the critique and networking can do for their photography.headscratch.gif

That is...if anyone else cares to even share their first?:D
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2008
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    I guess the same can be said for many of us here Travis. A while back, I dug up my first post on the forum.....EEEEEw!!!!eek7.gif

Maybe we should have a thread with our first posted shot....and include a recently posted one to encourage newcomers about what all the critique and networking can do for their photography.headscratch.gif

Awesome idea, let's do it... How about creating Before and After thread in the Big Picture?
    Jeff, it's your idea, why don't you do the honors starting it?
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    edited August 1, 2008
    Nikolai wrote:
    Awesome idea, let's do it... How about creating Before and After thread in the Big Picture?
    Jeff, it's your idea, why don't you do the honors starting it?

OK....BUT....you regulars better post up!!!:D
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2008
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    OK....BUT....you regulars better post up!!!:D

that is scary.... but a fun idea! But I'll try to get up my gumption. It will be funny to see how many are attached and not imbedded. (mine will be attached... lol!)
  • Options
    edited August 1, 2008
    jeffreaux2 wrote:

Neat idea! I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with for their before / after :)

Thanks for all the great comments, and to clarify, the flower / ring shot was actually my 30d and the 100 macro... the 40d had the 17-55 on it all day :)
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,928 moderator
    edited August 1, 2008
    Made my post. Great idea, Jeff. This should be interesting.
  • Options
    ladytxladytx Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2008
    As has been said before these are wonderful shots. I like the comp on #1 and #4 is a wonderful shot ... great capture of those diamonds.
    LadyTX