Options

Transferring domain names

SkyBlueRoseSkyBlueRose Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
edited August 3, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I have recently had my one year anniversary at smugmug and so my custom domain registration was up too. I have been using yahoo and it worked fine but when I went to pay for another year there was some problems with my credit card billing address and I also noticed discrepancies with the price. They have no way to reach them and have suspended my account. I was so fed up I went to smugmugdomains and paid for a transfer. Even though I have read The Insider's Guide to Domain Transfers. I can't figure out how to proceed. The guide has a section on obtaining an authorization code. I think that is what I'm suppose to do next? They list Registrars and I don't see Yahoo listed. Does Yahoo have a different name associated with this?

The transfer price did show up on my bank statement on July 23rd but I don't understand what I need to do next. In the mean time my custom web address doesn't work. Hopefully it won't involve calling the same customer service number as I was suppose to use for fixing my yahoo domain name billing because they just have a recording saying they are recieving a large volume of calls and then it disconnects.

I'm shooting my first professional wedding August 8th and I really would like my site working as it should by then.

Any help would be appreciated greatly!

Linda

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2008
    Hi Linda, phone up Godaddy, they'll get you sorted out. If you have any trouble at all with them, just write to our help desk, ATTN: Doc, and we'll do what we can with you.
  • Options
    SkyBlueRoseSkyBlueRose Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited August 3, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Hi Linda, phone up Godaddy, they'll get you sorted out. If you have any trouble at all with them, just write to our help desk, ATTN: Doc, and we'll do what we can with you.

Thanks for your prompt response Andy. Are you talking about the support number at the top of the smugdomains page? If so, I'll give that a try tomorrow.