Options

Sonoma or Napa engagement picture locations???

sunxsweetsunxsweet Registered Users Posts: 178 Major grins
Hi everyone,

I'm going to be up there next week in Sonoma... Viansa specifically for a friends wedding. They've hired a professional photographer since I'm part of the bridal party plus who wants to work at a friends wedding anyway. But I thought I'd help them take some more engagement pictures.

Preferably the suggestions other than over populated wineries with signature buildings like Domaine Carneros or Ledson... But throw any suggestions at me regardless.

Thanks!!!

Comments

• Options
    zoebluezoeblue Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited August 2, 2008
    sunxsweet wrote:
    Hi everyone,

I'm going to be up there next week in Sonoma... Viansa specifically for a friends wedding. They've hired a professional photographer since I'm part of the bridal party plus who wants to work at a friends wedding anyway. But I thought I'd help them take some more engagement pictures.

Preferably the suggestions other than over populated wineries with signature buildings like Domaine Carneros or Ledson... But throw any suggestions at me regardless.

Thanks!!!

Ahhhh, Napa. I lived there for four years since my alma mater, Pacific Union College, is located in the mountains above Napa.

I think a great engagement shot would be the tree tunnel in St. Helena. It's on Highway 29, the major road that goes through the heart of St. Helena. Highway 29 can be quite busy, so I would recommend driving the Silverado Trail, which parallels Highway 29, but it's less crowded.

There are many places along the Silverado Trail road that would make for great engagement photos. There are countless side roads that are worth exploring if you want to get away from the more iconic buildings. If you can, I would try to take photos inside of the wineries. A background of large wine barrels would be cool.

The wineries along Highway 29 tend to be more crowded as they are on the main road. If you take Deer Park Road, which leads to Howell Mountain Road, there are wineries along that route that aren't as crowded.

Too bad you're friend's wedding isn't in the springtime. That's the most beautiful time of the year.
    "Life is unchartered territory. It reveals its story one moment at a time." (Leo Buscaglia)

www.zoebluephotography.com
  • Options
    sunxsweetsunxsweet Registered Users Posts: 178 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2008
    wow... zoeblue... thanks sooo much for that info. that was exactly the type of off the beaten path insider information i was hoping for. i will do my best to get out to that spot.

anybody else got some recs, i'm all ears.