Options

Suddenly the Custom Banner is Goofy

joviphotojoviphoto Registered Users Posts: 39 Big grins
edited August 6, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I work in Firefox 2. I check my work in IE 7 and Opera 9.51. I use the Carbonite theme and have a banner from here:
http://JoviPhoto.smugmug.com/photos/345709145_nZus5-O.png

Initially the banner was not centered in IE, so I spent about two hours trying to find an answer before resorting to this new thread. Now the problem has persisted into FF and O. And I'm out of ideas. I've cleared cache; I've re-inserted the link above; and I've commented out some unnecessary code, restoring it after it appeared to correct nothing.

I've rebooted the system twice and shut down sessions and re-opened countless times. The banner is now showing smaller than it was and it is left aligned. Also happening in IE, but not FF or O is the Gallery Categories section is shifted to the right, or perhaps the Bio along with the banner is shifting left.

The last thing I did was clear out some images from my Admin Gallery that I had previously used or tested for the banner. Since I re-inserted the link from the image I'm using, this should not have had an impact, but I'm open to anything. As a former PC Tech, I'm aware that most problems are user errors.

I also created a custom Quick Setting which I applied to all other galleries. I reverted back to the default SmugMug QS to no avail.

Any help will be deeply appreciated.

EDIT: I reloaded the image and it is appearing properly. I am still experience alignment problems in IE7, but not FF or O. Would appreciate assistance here. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2008
    joviphoto wrote:
    I work in Firefox 2. I check my work in IE 7 and Opera 9.51. I use the Carbonite theme and have a banner from here:
    http://JoviPhoto.smugmug.com/photos/345709145_nZus5-O.png

Initially the banner was not centered in IE, so I spent about two hours trying to find an answer before resorting to this new thread. Now the problem has persisted into FF and O. And I'm out of ideas. I've cleared cache; I've re-inserted the link above; and I've commented out some unnecessary code, restoring it after it appeared to correct nothing.

I've rebooted the system twice and shut down sessions and re-opened countless times. The banner is now showing smaller than it was and it is left aligned. Also happening in IE, but not FF or O is the Gallery Categories section is shifted to the right, or perhaps the Bio along with the banner is shifting left.

The last thing I did was clear out some images from my Admin Gallery that I had previously used or tested for the banner. Since I re-inserted the link from the image I'm using, this should not have had an impact, but I'm open to anything. As a former PC Tech, I'm aware that most problems are user errors.

I also created a custom Quick Setting which I applied to all other galleries. I reverted back to the default SmugMug QS to no avail.

Any help will be deeply appreciated.

EDIT: I reloaded the image and it is appearing properly. I am still experience alignment problems in IE7, but not FF or O. Would appreciate assistance here. Thanks!
    You have a big blank space to the left of the text in your banner image. The
    text area of your banner is only 520 wide. Crop off the big space and then
    use the actual width in the banner CSS and it will center.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    joviphotojoviphoto Registered Users Posts: 39 Big grins
    edited August 6, 2008
    Thanks, Allen. Once again, you da man! bowdown.gif Seriously, I appreciate your expertise. And "user error" is definitely a well-used term. Thanks, again.