Options

A few more from last wedding...

jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
edited August 6, 2008 in Weddings
Here are a few more from my last wedding. I am going to repeat one from my last post for Heatherfeather.

1-Pre wedding stuff
339281113_TMbrr-S.jpg

2-
339293317_yv6vj-S.jpg

3-
339307965_ZDouA-S.jpg

4-
339307659_Nsx3o-S.jpg

5-
339188351_k8EW5-M.jpg

6-
339190841_wMx8Q-M.jpg

7-With her father before walking down the aisle
339201494_EH7K9-M.jpg

8-She enters the church
339202346_GZgXs-S.jpg

9-
339203741_XGTu5-M.jpg

10-
339205859_TZN27-M.jpg

12-the repeat
339246499_oJhRL-M.jpg

13-
339206393_gkCrj-S.jpg

14 and back to center aisle....her Father still at her side

339207071_dDx9i-M.jpg

15-his ring was alittle tight!
339227543_Bg3j7-M.jpg

17-
339251945_9XQ7z-M.jpg

18-
339330664_d4GDf-M.jpg

19-
339336990_WsLoT-S.jpg

339809599_LoVvm-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2008
    She's really pale.. (I think I might be using the wrong word here...)

I like the inclusion of all the flags on the last photo, very international and cultural.
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    jayegirljayegirl Registered Users Posts: 276 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2008
    great job as usual. Is number 20 from the same place as the graduation photo?

I like number 16. I am not good a cc but for this one, I would like to see a different reference
    Jaye
  • Options
    evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2008
    I really like 6, 7,9 ,16, and 20
    The heart shaped shadows in 16 are a sweet touch!
    Looks like it went well!
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited July 28, 2008

I like the inclusion of all the flags on the last photo, very international and cultural.

Pale is good, but also might lead one to believe she is ill. "Fair skinned" would be better description. Either way....yes she is!
  • Options
    edited July 28, 2008
    jayegirl wrote:
    great job as usual. Is number 20 from the same place as the graduation photo?

I like number 16. I am not good a cc but for this one, I would like to see a different reference

No. Not the same location. The reception hall at the chrch they married in is undergoing remodeling. This is the multi-cultural worship center across the street. THe churches are located just outside the gates of LSU.

The critique on 16 is good, and I totally agree. It was a bugger to get the rings to stand up! I had chosen a particular passage, but this doesn't appear to be it. It is possible that I got turned to the wrong page during the several moves and attempts to get the shot. In addition, turning the camera 90 degrees would have made the slither of focus less of a distraction.
  • Options
    edited July 28, 2008
    evoryware wrote:
    I really like 6, 7,9 ,16, and 20
    The heart shaped shadows in 16 are a sweet touch!
    Looks like it went well!

Thanks E. I appreciate the comments!
  • Options
    PineapplePhotoPineapplePhoto Registered Users Posts: 474 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2008
    "His ring was a little tight" rolleyes1.gif
    Body: Canon 1D Mark II N | Canon 30D w/BG-E2 Flash: Canon 580EX II | Quantum T4d | Strobes & Monolights
    Glass: Sigma 70-200 f2.8 | Sigma 20 f1.8 | Canon 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS USM
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2008
    Jeff these are aaaall really good. I like #15- great catch... and The flower toss is fun! I will be trying #16 next time I have a church wedding...

Man it looks dark in there. You did great in that light.
  • Options
    MnemosyneMnemosyne Registered Users Posts: 251 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2008

I believe the term is "fair"
    Audentes fortuna iuvat
  • Options
    edited July 29, 2008
    Jeff these are aaaall really good. I like #15- great catch... and The flower toss is fun! I will be trying #16 next time I have a church wedding...

Man it looks dark in there. You did great in that light.

Thanks Heather. 7 through 14 is a series ...in order of capture(though there were several taken at each spot)...just to let you see my circuit of movement.

The reception was cave-dark. THe stained glass elements at each end of that building were backlit....electrically somehow. That was the primary light in the room. They later turned on some dim lights just before cutting and serving cake...you can see those in the toss shot. They didn't change my exposure settings at all!....I caught some of them leaving ...outside getting into the car. When I returned to the hall for my camera bag it was lit up like daylight as they were cleaning things up.headscratch.gifrolleyes1.gif

Ain't that somethin?
  • Options
    urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2008
    finally! thanks for posting! :)
    My absolute favorite of this set is #3. Fantastic seeing on that one. The composition is great and the BW of course was the way to go. LOVE that you included the scissors on the bed in the frame. There's just so much to look at here, and yet, it's a very simple photo. I am always looking for these understated moments of mom ~ dress ~ bride as the day just starts to get going, but I just am not finding them lately. Good for you. thumb.gif

BTW, all the getting ready rooms looked very lovely for being shot inside a church. Most of my churches have gorgeous sanctuaries, but stick the bride getting ready in the choir room with polyester robes and cinderblock lining the walls. rolleyes1.gifOr worse, the preschool room.

Also like #6 very much, but would definitly remove the light fixture running through her head. Very nice framing and love the reflections of the stained glass windows on the floor. Beautiful!

As far as the couple, my absolute favorite of them is 19. Lighting is sweet, and he looks more relaxed/comfortable/tender here than in any other shot. Love that she kept her veil on for the dance, a lot of mine take theirs off before the reception! It really adds a nice counterpoint to the awesome flags in the bg.
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • Options
    edited July 29, 2008
    "His ring was a little tight" rolleyes1.gif

Like that huh?

THis little gem wasn't the only drama during the ceremony, but definately will be a story retold many times in the coming years I am sure.
  • Options
    edited July 29, 2008
    Ooops!!!eek7.gif I missed your post by sandwiching between replies earlier!:D
    urbanaries wrote:
    My absolute favorite of this set is #3. Fantastic seeing on that one. The composition is great and the BW of course was the way to go. LOVE that you included the scissors on the bed in the frame. There's just so much to look at here, and yet, it's a very simple photo. I am always looking for these understated moments of mom ~ dress ~ bride as the day just starts to get going, but I just am not finding them lately. Good for you. thumb.gif

Funny, MOB definately was hesitant to let me photograph her working on the dress or the dress alone before it was done. I explained that this was part of the story of the day and should be documented by photograph. She finally agreed! She made the dress...not just the buttons! After realizing that I was definately glad I had gotten a shot or two of her working on it! BTW there were a LOT of people waiting for the dress to be done...and it wasn't done til about 1/2 hour before the ceremony. Whew!!!rolleyes1.gif

BTW, all the getting ready rooms looked very lovely for being shot inside a church. Most of my churches have gorgeous sanctuaries, but stick the bride getting ready in the choir room with polyester robes and cinderblock lining the walls. rolleyes1.gifOr worse, the preschool room.

The church was undergoing some renovations. The room where the guys readied is where the gals normally go. The girls used an alternate room off the sanctuary. Not really sure where the guys normally go....maybe the preschool room!!!rolleyes1.gif
    Also like #6 very much, but would definitly remove the light fixture running through her head. Very nice framing and love the reflections of the stained glass windows on the floor. Beautiful!

Not a light fixture, but rather a cross. I probably should have checked to see if I could remove it from the wall for the photo. It shouldn't be too hard to remove, but I realized it was an issue while shooting the photos and shot anyway. May have been no trouble at all to remove. After all we had already moved a ton of furniture for those shots.mwink.gif
    As far as the couple, my absolute favorite of them is 19. Lighting is sweet, and he looks more relaxed/comfortable/tender here than in any other shot. Love that she kept her veil on for the dance, a lot of mine take theirs off before the reception! It really adds a nice counterpoint to the awesome flags in the bg.

The lighting is ALL flash work! This is definately in my top 5 from the day.

Thanks for weighing in Lynne. That was a blur of a day for me. I only went live with their gallery today as I was waiting for them to get back in town...maybe tommorrow I will know what THEY think about them. I am ok with them, but of course see lots of areas for improving myself and the photos.

Thanks again!
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2008
    You did it !
    wow what a set one of the best wedding photos i have seen.
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    FedererPhotoFedererPhoto Registered Users Posts: 312 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2008
    Awesome work... especially given how dark it looks, you did a great job breaking out a flash without it looking 'everything flashed'. Off-camera really helped there.

Momements, technique, processing... great work all around.
    Minneapolis Minnesota Wedding Photographer - Check out my Personal Photography site and Professional Photography Blog
    Here is a wedding website I created for a customer as a value-add. Comments appreciated.
    Founding member of The Professional Photography Forum as well.
  • Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2008
    Awesome work, I loveeee your use of lighting, and 16 is pretty SWEET. I need to try that sometime.... hmm....
  • Options
    edited July 30, 2008
    You did it !
    wow what a set one of the best wedding photos i have seen.

Awais....thank you for your kind words. I appreciate it greatly. I have to ask though...which photo are you referring to? Which one deserves such praise?
  • Options
    edited July 30, 2008
    Awesome work... especially given how dark it looks, you did a great job breaking out a flash without it looking 'everything flashed'. Off-camera really helped there.

Momements, technique, processing... great work all around.

Well there was no getting around using flash at the reception. It WAS dark. Too dark really even for seeing the compositions in many spots. Luckily, the STE2 is a super duper focus assist!

Thanks for looking and taking the time to comment.
  • Options
    edited July 30, 2008
    Shima wrote:
    Awesome work, I loveeee your use of lighting, and 16 is pretty SWEET. I need to try that sometime.... hmm....

Thanks Shima.....give it a shot....but caution....it ain't easy to get the rings to stand!
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2008
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    Awais....thank you for your kind words. I appreciate it greatly. I have to ask though...which photo are you referring to? Which one deserves such praise?

this whole set is one of the best i have seen posted here at dgrin and other forums by members.
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    edited July 31, 2008
    this whole set is one of the best i have seen posted here at dgrin and other forums by members.

WEll, I am not sure they merit that much praise. I am, however, grateful for the approval as it has come at an opportune time for me.

Thank you!
  • Options
    ladytxladytx Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2008
    Beautiful shots.
    LadyTX
  • Options
    edited August 2, 2008
    ladytx wrote:
    Beautiful shots.

Thanks!

I am sitting in a hotel right now a few hundred miles from home as batteries charge in my room. I am wondering how I will deal with an over abundance of light at the wedding I am shooting this afternoon! Out of the frying pan and into the fire huh?rolleyes1.gif

Last night I followed the couple to shoot them doing go-carts and gooney-golf! Not sure how I will pull elegant out of this....but....they are sure having fun!

Cross your fingers for me.
  • Options
    ladytxladytx Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2008
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    Thanks!

I am sitting in a hotel right now a few hundred miles from home as batteries charge in my room. I am wondering how I will deal with an over abundance of light at the wedding I am shooting this afternoon! Out of the frying pan and into the fire huh?rolleyes1.gif

Last night I followed the couple to shoot them doing go-carts and gooney-golf! Not sure how I will pull elegant out of this....but....they are sure having fun!

Cross your fingers for me.

From no light to too much light. The life of a photographer. But you have much skill to deal with the situation. Is this next wedding outside?

If they are doing go-carts and gooney-golf they may not be after elegance. Let the fun shine through those photos. Relaxed and happy instead of stuffy. Great stuff to shoot in my opion.

Got my fingers crossed and in my prayers. You'll do great, I'm sure. Can't wait to see these photos!!!

Blessings,
    LadyTX
  • Options
    edited August 5, 2008
    ladytx wrote:
    From no light to too much light. The life of a photographer. But you have much skill to deal with the situation. Is this next wedding outside?

If they are doing go-carts and gooney-golf they may not be after elegance. Let the fun shine through those photos. Relaxed and happy instead of stuffy. Great stuff to shoot in my opion.

Got my fingers crossed and in my prayers. You'll do great, I'm sure. Can't wait to see these photos!!!

Blessings,

It went VERY well....I am excited about many of the images, but am diciplining myself not to rush through my editing. Stay tuned. Some will be worth the wait?ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2008
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    am diciplining myself not to rush through my editing.

Ha Ha... that is what I am doing too, with a wedding I am working on from Saturday.

Isn't it funny that we are all just dying to share our pics with virtual strangers? Well, some are stranger than others, but people we have not met, anyway?
  • Options
    edited August 5, 2008
    Ha Ha... that is what I am doing too, with a wedding I am working on from Saturday.

Isn't it funny that we are all just dying to share our pics with virtual strangers? Well, some are stranger than others, but people we have not met, anyway?

Anyone who can sypathize with me over a broken dishwasher is no virtual stranger!
  • Options
    davidweaverdavidweaver Registered Users Posts: 681 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2008
    Shot 16 is now part of every wedding I do in the future. Thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2008

You know Heather, I totally feel the same. I am so excited about the wedding-only forum, not because I don't like other people shots (I do) but for those of us who shoot weddings...well I think we probably annoy the other photogs for our enthusiasm and lengthy posts! I know I don't feel like I've truly shot a wedding until I've shared my hits (and misses) with the fine folks here.

It's gonna be a fun fall!!!!

Kumbaya, and all that. :feelgood
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2008
    urbanaries wrote:
    You know Heather, I totally feel the same. I am so excited about the wedding-only forum, not because I don't like other people shots (I do) but for those of us who shoot weddings...well I think we probably annoy the other photogs for our enthusiasm and lengthy posts! I know I don't feel like I've truly shot a wedding until I've shared my hits (and misses) with the fine folks here.

It's gonna be a fun fall!!!!

Kumbaya, and all that. :feelgood
    I also am so looking forward to the "weddings only" forum wings.gif so that I too can post my hits and, more often, my misses without annoying a bunch of other folks.