Options

Today we could hear the steam-whistle.....

Adrian van AmmersAdrian van Ammers Registered Users Posts: 351 Major grins
edited April 11, 2005 in Holy Macro
Hi friends,
We are living near the trainstation and today people could have a ride with old fashioned steam trains. So every half hour I heared the steam-whistle and the chook-a-chook of the train. What a great sounds! Here are a few pictures, 828, real color mode, ISO 64, manual mode, f3.2 1/200 sec. It was an overcast day, so the pictures have good details. For the portrait of the conductor I used a bit of on board fill flash.

19240277-L.jpg
19240281-L.jpg
19240265-L.jpg
19240288-L.jpg
19240272-L.jpg
19240269-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    windozewindoze Registered Users Posts: 2,830 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2005
    really nice series, especially the portrait!!!

3_2_113.gif troy

Hi friends,
    We are living near the trainstation and today people could have a ride with old fashioned steam trains. So every half hour I heared the steam-whistle and the chook-a-chook of the train. What a great sounds! Here are a few pictures, 828, real color mode, ISO 64, manual mode, f3.2 1/200 sec. It was an overcast day, so the pictures have good details. For the portrait of the conductor I used a bit of on board fill flash.
  • Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2005
    Excellent series Adrian. thumb.gif
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2005
    Good set! I love seeing the use of fill flash since my flash is kinda broken.

On the last shot, the men in back are soooo clear. I love it for that. Then I thought, they look like they were stuck on there, but I know they aren't because of the occasion and all.

But how did you get the middle man to fly?thumb.gif

ginger:D
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    edited April 9, 2005
    Haha, great train Troy!
    windoze wrote:
    really nice series, especially the portrait!!!

3_2_113.gif troy

Hi friends,
    Thanks and I like your train! clap.gif
  • Options
    edited April 10, 2005
    Hi Harry
    Harryb wrote:
    Excellent series Adrian. thumb.gif
    Thanks so much, Harry! :):
  • Options
    DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2005
    Neat trains!
    Hi Adrian,

I can't remember ever riding on a steam train! Nice series, the overcast day really made those day-glo jackets pop out of the picture.

I have one question though, what are the little white specks on the conductor's hat and coat?
  • Options
    edited April 10, 2005
    Hi Dee
    Dee wrote:
    Hi Adrian,

I can't remember ever riding on a steam train! Nice series, the overcast day really made those day-glo jackets pop out of the picture.

I have one question though, what are the little white specks on the conductor's hat and coat?
    You won't believe your ears when you heare them whistle and make the chu chu sound :D. It's kind of an archetype feeling. Very romantic too.

The white specks, eek7.gif hm well, ahum, I guess the poor man has a hair or skin problem. I was thinking about giving him a print but then I have to remove the specks :):
  • Options
    edited April 11, 2005
    Hi Ginger
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Good set! I love seeing the use of fill flash since my flash is kinda broken.

On the last shot, the men in back are soooo clear. I love it for that. Then I thought, they look like they were stuck on there, but I know they aren't because of the occasion and all.

But how did you get the middle man to fly?thumb.gif

ginger:D
    Thanks for your kind comment! I learned from Yuri that overcast days gives you pictures with great light and detail.

What do you mean with "how did you get the middle man to fly?" ? I wish I knew :D