Options

How much do you charge for digital downloads

gatorgirlgatorgirl Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited August 9, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I am about to start my account on smugmug and I was wondering what people are charging their clients for digital downloads....Any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks..

Comments

• Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2008
    Prices depends on targeted market and product you are selling. ???
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2008
    And welcome to the Smugmug and dgrin. You will enjoy every bit of them ! thumb.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    chuckinsocalchuckinsocal Registered Users Posts: 932 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2008
    HI Gatorgirl and Welcome wave.gif to the community.

What people charge for prints and downloads varies greatly between photographers. You can use complicated formulas based on usage, frequency of use, etc, or you can just make up a number based on what you think your time and efforts are worth. The other factor is who your market is and what you think the market will bear. There is no one answer.

You might spend some time going through other pro galleries and make a list of what they charge for prints and downloads. You'll find very little consistency. There is not an easy answer.

Good luck and best wishes.
    Chuck Cannova
    www.socalimages.com

Artistically & Creatively Challenged