Options

Elephant Wedding.."Tease"

RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
edited August 10, 2008 in Weddings
We made the local paper and youtube. You can see me running around in the video. C&C welcome.
http://www.milforddailynews.com/news/x1542101106/Wild-wedding-in-Mendon

339735897_JsDyh-L.jpg

339869773_Lynnv-XL.jpg

339743955_K6QvE-XL.jpg

339732690_N9R4T-L.jpg

339728680_EQNsx-L.jpg

339760314_SNjCX-XL.jpg

339786476_D4pvT-L.jpg

339794632_LmJQt-L.jpg

339806233_YCe6p-XL.jpg

339838196_SaxXj-XL.jpg
Randy Brogen, CPP
www.brogen.com

Member: PPA , PPANE, PPAM & NAPP

Comments

• Options
    PaulcaoPaulcao Registered Users Posts: 202 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2008
    Woot!...I've been waiting for these...can't wait to see morethumb.gif
  • Options
    slpollettslpollett Registered Users Posts: 1,194 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2008
    Well...how cool is THAT! Beautiful photos of a unique wedding.

Sherry
  • Options
    edited July 27, 2008
    Thanks for the kind words. It was a lot of fun and I'm really honored that they chose me to participate in this wonderful event.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

• Options
    PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2008
    Howdy,

WOWSER, how neat is that, it'll be a hard one to top that's for sure.

Really nice work on your part, and the Elephant did a great job as the Flower Girl.

Thanks so much for sharing this, it made my day!!

Kindest Regards,

Craig
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • Options
    jbakerphotojbakerphoto Registered Users Posts: 251 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2008
    I think you nailed it! I like #1 and 4 the best. Good Job!!clap.gifclap

I look forward to seeing more!
    40D,Rebel XT,Tamron 17-50 2.8,Tamron 28-80 3.5-5.6, Canon 50 1.8, Sigma 70-200 2.8, Canon 580EX , Sunpack 383 w/ optical slave

www.jonbakerphotography.com
  • Options
    edited July 27, 2008
    Panther wrote:
    Howdy,

WOWSER, how neat is that, it'll be a hard one to top that's for sure.

Really nice work on your part, and the Elephant did a great job as the Flower Girl.

Thanks so much for sharing this, it made my day!!

Kindest Regards,

Craig

Thanks Panther...I'm really excited about the opportunity I was given and the initial look at the shots is really surprising me at how well they came out given the very challenging lighting conditions and that we were flying by the seat of our pants because there was really no time to prep us on what was going to happen.
    unclejon wrote:
    I think you nailed it! I like #1 and 4 the best. Good Job!!clap.gifclap

I look forward to seeing more!

Thanks unclejon. I'm really happy with the job and time will only tell if my clients are going to be happy but I sure hope so.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2008
    Nice series, esp for a first-timer! thumb.gif Good capture of the essentials! clap.gif

Man, do you understand you have a goldmine there? Elephant wedding... eek7.gifbowdown.gif
    Imagine how many couples would love to do that, and if you get exclusivity with the animal owners, you can charge so much premium... rolleyes1.gifthumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    edited July 27, 2008
    Nikolai wrote:
    Nice series, esp for a first-timer! thumb.gif Good capture of the essentials! clap.gif

Man, do you understand you have a goldmine there? Elephant wedding... eek7.gifbowdown.gif
    Imagine how many couples would love to do that, and if you get exclusivity with the animal owners, you can charge so much premium... rolleyes1.gifthumb.gif

Thanks Nikolai. I had a lot of fun and I'm hoping to provide my client with memories captured for a lifetime. I'm thinking that this was a one time shot with this particular elephant. Also, it was all pulled off amazingly in about 2 and a half weeks of planning from start to finish so the Groom's mom (also owner of the Dondi) is I'm sure not too ready to go through it again. Especially to top that off with the fact that the poor woman broke her little toe the morning of the wedding and had to work all day on it. God bless her.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

• Options
    edited July 27, 2008
    RBrogen wrote:
    Thanks Nikolai. I had a lot of fun and I'm hoping to provide my client with memories captured for a lifetime. I'm thinking that this was a one time shot with this particular elephant. Also, it was all pulled off amazingly in about 2 and a half weeks of planning from start to finish so the Groom's mom (also owner of the Dondi) is I'm sure not too ready to go through it again. Especially to top that off with the fact that the poor woman broke her little toe the morning of the wedding and had to work all day on it. God bless her.

I understand your feelings, being fresh out of it, but I'm telling you: both you and the owners can make a lot of $$$ out of this, even if you only do one wedding a week. Making the whole thing 10K, split 50/50, 50 weeks*5K = 250K. Once the word gets out you can quit whatever job you have...deal.gif
  • Options
    edited July 27, 2008
    Nikolai wrote:
    I understand you feelings, being fresh out of it, but I'm telling you: both you and the owners can make a lot of $$$ out of this, even if you only do one wedding a week. Making the whole thing 10K, split 50/50, 50 weeks*5K = 250K. Once the word gets out you can quit whatever job you have...deal.gif

Laughing.gif that is a sweet thought ... have to keep that in mind.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

• Options
    edited July 27, 2008
    RBrogen wrote:
    Laughing.gif that is a sweet thought ... have to keep that in mind.
    Dude, if I had an exclusive access to an elephant here in LA... Local Indian community alone would keep me busy the whole year, I'm not even talking about celebs, showoffs and such, which means *way* more dough to start with...
  • Options
    JulieLawsonPhotographyJulieLawsonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2008
    Wonderful photographs! I think you did a great job on all of these photos. I'm sure the bride and groom are going to be very pleased with the results. I also love how they dressed up the elephant too.
  • Options
    edited July 27, 2008
    Wonderful photographs! I think you did a great job on all of these photos. I'm sure the bride and groom are going to be very pleased with the results. I also love how they dressed up the elephant too.

Thanks so much for the kind words Julie. I'm excited to get them post processed and posted so people can see them.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

• Options
    ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2008
    I'm so glad this opportunity worked out for you! It looks like it was a very successful day - congrats! They are a very handsome couple, and I'm sure they will be very happy with your work. clap.gif
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • Options
    cmorganphotographycmorganphotography Registered Users Posts: 980 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2008
    Really neat, everything has a little blue cast to it though. Maybe warm it up with the rbg sliders??
    I like the bride portraits the best, it was a miss of modern and traditional costume. Nice shots of the elephant entrance!
    *edit... I see you haven't pp'd them. :D Nevermind!!

Want to see the pp'd pics!!! Can't wait!
  • Options
    ladytxladytx Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2008
    Congratulations on this!! What a most marvelous opportunity and you lived up to the challenge wonderfully. Great job. Can't wait to see more.
    LadyTX
  • Options
    gpphotosgpphotos Registered Users Posts: 266 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2008
    i'd love to see a bit more detail in the elephant's skin. it looks like you did some fairly heavy noise reduction in these pics...that first pic would just be fabulous with the elephant's skin sharpened slightly (while still applying noise reduction to the rest of the image)

and i'm with nik....if i had access to an elephant...and lived in a big city.... $$$

even if you only did it during the summers....wow. imagine if you were a school teacher and did that during the summers....how awesome would that be!!
  • Options
    edited July 27, 2008
    ladytx wrote:
    Congratulations on this!! What a most marvelous opportunity and you lived up to the challenge wonderfully. Great job. Can't wait to see more.

Thanks ladytx. It was a bit stressful leading up to the event but all in all it's been a blast and I've been asked to shoot their new promo shots for their advertisements in addition to the florist asking about potential advertising shots. It's amazing at how things blossom.

GPPhotos: Yes I ran a quick NeatImage process to reduce the noise because I had to shoot on higher ISO setting because it was really dark out and I wanted get something up but I'm performing a much more deliberate process on the final images that I'm going to post up for my clients. When i get to the pics I've posted here and redo them I'll replace the existing images with the new ones and see how you all like them. Thanks for the feedback.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

• Options
    nicoleshillidaynicoleshilliday Registered Users Posts: 549 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2008
    I have been on VK for the past two weeks...but knew this wedding was coming up! I think you did a fantastic job and am still very jealous that you got to work with such a fantastic couple and an elephant! I am sure they are going to be very pleased with all of the shots. clap.gif
    Nicole
    D3, and other Nikon goodies
    Shilliday Photography
    Blog
    Facebook
  • Options
    edited August 6, 2008
    I have been on VK for the past two weeks...but knew this wedding was coming up! I think you did a fantastic job and am still very jealous that you got to work with such a fantastic couple and an elephant! I am sure they are going to be very pleased with all of the shots. clap.gif

Thanks Nicoleshilliday. I'm truly having a blast and my wife is really getting into the whole process to who knows...it's a journey right.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

• Options
    LensCapLensCap Registered Users Posts: 121 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2008
    RBrogen wrote:
    Thanks Nicoleshilliday. I'm truly having a blast and my wife is really getting into the whole process to who knows...it's a journey right.

Outstanding Job and Way Cool! I remember when you first started posting about this...definitely some unique content for the portfolio!

Randy Sartin
    Randy Sartin
    http://sartinphoto.com

Nikon Stuff (not that it really matters)