my walk this morning...

2»

Comments

• lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2004
    Jewel wrote:
    Beautiful pictures. Of course, I'd rather be where I'm at in sunny and warm Florida.

Jewel
    Hi Jewel!! thanks and welcome (did I say that already? so many new people). I keep going out and looking for SOMETHING that is not frozen to shoot! I'm desperate. Where in Florida are you? I'm visiting friends next week for a few days of snorkling and sun... and photographs (hopefully).
    :D
  • BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited March 29, 2004
    Amazing shots, Lynnma. To improve beyond those is going to be a tall order.
  • ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2004
    I love the shots from Saturday. Could be postcards or National Geographic or somthing. As Baldy says, not much room for improvement.

The pond shot from today has a cyan cast in the high midtones. You can see that the sky isn't true blue, but you know it must really have been less green because of the reflection in the pond. That means that there is too much yellow in the very light parts of the photo:

3157597-M.jpg

I corrected this:

3154636-L.jpg

I lost some detail in the clouds when I did this. Part of the problem is tha tthe ski is overexposed. I don't think you could really help this. The subject of the photo is the pond and you do want that to be properly exposed.
    Anyway, to make a long story short, you can probably make the sky blue and retain the cloud detail with a little plate blending if it matters. It wasn't worth doing on the low res image.
    If not now, when?
    edited March 29, 2004
    rutt wrote:
    I love the shots from Saturday. Could be postcards or National Geographic or somthing. As Baldy says, not much room for improvement.

The pond shot from today has a cyan cast in the high midtones. You can see that the sky isn't true blue, but you know it must really have been less green because of the reflection in the pond. That means that there is too much yellow in the very light parts of the photo:

3157597-M.jpg

I corrected this:

3154636-L.jpg

I lost some detail in the clouds when I did this. Part of the problem is tha tthe ski is overexposed. I don't think you could really help this. The subject of the photo is the pond and you do want that to be properly exposed.
    Anyway, to make a long story short, you can probably make the sky blue and retain the cloud detail with a little plate blending if it matters. It wasn't worth doing on the low res image.
    Thanks Rutt, I can see the improvement in the cyan cast. Maybe I'll try the shot again and do a Waxy on it. Two exposures, one for the pond, one for the sky.
    lynn
  • Max PowerMax Power Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited March 29, 2004
    Great shots Lyn. I think you are a touch over exposed on some of them. It sure would be cool if you could give some details of the shots. Shutter speed, ISO, aperture, lens focal length. I bumped the exposure down a bit on the second pic. This is closer to what I would be looking for.

3158167-L.jpg

3158168-L.jpg
    "Um... Sir... Your lens cap is still on"
    edited March 29, 2004
    Max Power wrote:
    Great shots Lyn. I think you are a touch over exposed on some of them. It sure would be cool if you could give some details of the shots. Shutter speed, ISO, aperture, lens focal length. I bumped the exposure down a bit on the second pic. This is closer to what I would be looking for.

3158167-L.jpg

3158168-L.jpg
    Its better, definately better... I'm bushed but I'll look up the settings tomorrow and post. Thanks a lot Max :)
  • Max PowerMax Power Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited March 29, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    Its better, definately better... I'm bushed but I'll look up the settings tomorrow and post. Thanks a lot Max :)

thumb.gif
    "Um... Sir... Your lens cap is still on"
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2004
    Really nice shots, Lynn! That's two days in a row, girl!

Hey, I was reading about polarizing filters just now, and wondering if they would help with your dilemma - bright sky and dark subject? Anyone here have enough experience with polarizing filters to say if one would solve Lynn's challenge?
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • SandySandy Registered Users Posts: 762 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2004
    An incredible place to live and take your morning walks. Beautiful shots. Thanks
  • bikehikerbikehiker Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
    edited March 30, 2004
    Nice photos Lynn. and about the coyotes get the pepper spray it stops bears too! Just replace yearly.
    edited March 30, 2004
    bikehiker wrote:
    Nice photos Lynn. and about the coyotes get the pepper spray it stops bears too! Just replace yearly.
    thanks Mike.. I will... I have bear Karma.. they follow me around for some reason. Where ever I do I seem to have a bear experience.. usually fun... so far.
    Lynn
  • damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2004
    WOW Lynn - those are nice.
    edited April 3, 2004
    damonff wrote:
    WOW Lynn - those are nice.
    Thanks Damon, I always love your picutures, look forward to seeing more.
    Lynn:D
  • tgametgame Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited April 3, 2004
    Coo! The places some people live in!

But not all share them like this.

Thanks. They are gorgeous.

lynnma wrote:
    last one...
    Regards,

Tony Game.

http://www.candlet.plus.com/
    edited April 3, 2004
    tgame wrote:
    Coo! The places some people live in!

But not all share them like this.

Thanks. They are gorgeous.
    Hi Tony,

Thanks so much... looking at your profile I see you are English..ME TOO! bin here a long time tho. Welcome to the forum... looking forward to more pictures from you.
    I'm from Cambridge, Willingham, actually :).

Lynn
    edited April 3, 2004
    I'm off to bed but.... this was part of my walk today... I'm so lucky...this is such a beautiful place... and it's 3 minutes from my house..nod.gif
  • ReeferBenReeferBen Registered Users Posts: 50 Big grins
    edited April 5, 2004
    Very nice shots, love the way the mist adds to the effect!