Changed it up for 2.5

inetkeninetken Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
edited August 10, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
OK, the wife and daughter wanted me to change my entry so which do you like better?

Original Entry:

343819427_QbJfH-L.jpg

New Entry:

348464598_ypuCn-M.jpg
I have had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it. --Groucho Marx

Comments

• VelvtRideVelvtRide Registered Users Posts: 364 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2008
    Tough choice! I like the composition(and subject) better in the second one, but the first one fits the theme better.

Both are nice shots!
  • JaroJaro Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited August 10, 2008
    I think #2 pops more - with the white against the black. I also feel like it is more original than #1, probably because the flowers are less common. Nice job!
  • TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2008
    Love the framing angle in number 2, the clarity, detail, color tones are great. The background in this photo does not distract from your main focal point.
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2008
    Number 2 is better composed and exposed. Much better. Even so, Number 1 fits the theme and number 2 really doesn't. I'd suggest you work on number 1 a little more. The bright green leaves need to be toned down in #1 so that the background does not distract from but complements the flower. Just my opinion.
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
  • inetkeninetken Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited August 10, 2008
    Thanks for the input, I think changing was the right choice. I tried playing with the first one but I couldn't make it work where I was happy with it. Even though it did fit the theme better, I think number two still is within the theme with the soft colors.
    I have had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it. --Groucho Marx
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2008
    thumb.gif #2 thumb.gif
    Aaron Nelson