Options

Macro with RebelXT kit lens

snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
edited April 12, 2005 in Holy Macro
Here's one of my first shots with my new Rebel XT and the kit lens. I believe I used the macro setting. EXIF says 51mm, f/5.6, 1/1000sec, ISO 100. It was shot in RAW and this is full frame. I'm happy with the lens blur on the background.

Dandilion
19211632-L.jpg
"A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
Susan Appel Photography My Blog

Comments

• Options
    windozewindoze Registered Users Posts: 2,830 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2005
    very nice! congrats on the new camera!

troy
    snapapple wrote:
    Here's one of my first shots with my new Rebel XT and the kit lens. I believe I used the macro setting. EXIF says 51mm, f/5.6, 1/1000sec, ISO 100. It was shot in RAW and this is full frame. I'm happy with the lens blur on the background.

Dandilion
  • Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2005
    windoze wrote:
    very nice! congrats on the new camera!

troy
    Thanks Windoze. I'm still learning about this new camera. The other day I was trying to take a picture in my daughters kitchen and the flash did not fire. I knew the shutter speed would be too slow and I couldn't figure out how to turn on the "fill flash". I looked all around and did not see any button. I didn't have the manual with me and I was stumped. I had to wait until I got home to read up on it. :uhoh
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2005
    Nice shot, Snappy! Have you fathomed out the fill flash yet?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but on my 10d I set the camera to AV so it exposes the bg correctly and then just use the built in flash.