Options

Rollerblade Rest

SassyShotsSassyShots Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
edited August 15, 2008 in People
I kind of like this shot, but I'm not sure why. It was taken out at the State park. CC or any other comments much appreciated.

I don't do a lot of people, but I would like to start, so feel free to be honest with you CC. I want to learn.

Thank you in advance!

EDIT: Thank you anyways
Debi
Canon 40D

Comments

• Options
    chuckinsocalchuckinsocal Registered Users Posts: 932 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2008
    So ... ummm ... where's the shot? ne_nau.gif
    Chuck Cannova
    www.socalimages.com

Artistically & Creatively Challenged
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,931 moderator
    edited August 15, 2008
    SassyShots wrote:
    I kind of like this shot, but I'm not sure why. It was taken out at the State park. CC or any other comments much appreciated.

I don't do a lot of people, but I would like to start, so feel free to be honest with you CC. I want to learn.

Thank you in advance!

EDIT: Thank you anyways

headscratch.gif
  • Options
    PaulcaoPaulcao Registered Users Posts: 202 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2008
  • Options
    edited August 15, 2008
    Sorry, it was up for a long time ... and it was headed for page 2 so I took out the shots.
    Debi
    Canon 40D
  • Options
    evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2008
    How do you post a shot at 2:52 AM on Friday morning and call it a lot of time?
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited August 15, 2008
    evoryware wrote:
    How do you post a shot at 2:52 AM on Friday morning and call it a lot of time?

I've noticed that on this forum certain posters get immediate attention while newcomers are often sent to page two without a single comment. That's fine ... I'm sure you have all been here for a long time and probably know each other.

When I took the shots off there were over 90 people who had looked at the shots, but not one single comment. My post was getting pushed to the second page while other posts that were newer than mine were getting comments, and I thought rather than bother anyone with shots that probably were not that good, to just take them off.

No need to get huffy over it ... it doesn't matter to me one way or the other.
    Debi
    Canon 40D
  • Options
    chuckinsocalchuckinsocal Registered Users Posts: 932 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2008
    Hmmmm ... let's see ... you post a shot at 11:52PM ... 13 hours later, half of those hours being in the middle of the night and the other half being at the beginning of a normal work day for most people, you get discouraged and take the photos down for lack of comments?

I strongly disagree with your initial statement. Newcomers are welcomed here every day and their photos are commented on and their continued participation is always encouraged.

The way to handle your post getting to the bottom of the page is to simply reply to your own post, most people just say "bump", and your post will go back to the top of the page. Then when people get home from work and start browsing the forum, they'll see your post and likely comment on it. Or, you could also just ask for comments. That works too.

There are a lot of lurkers here too, people who just read the posts and look at the photos with out commenting or participating. Some times it takes a day or even two to get a comment.

So, just give it a chance to work. I'm sure we all want to see your photo(s) and I'm sure you'll get comments.
    Chuck Cannova
    www.socalimages.com

Artistically & Creatively Challenged