Options

Greeting Card Print Size

TYarbroughTYarbrough Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited April 12, 2005 in SmugMug Support
I am a new "pro user" and this is my first post, so forgive me if this has been asked before.

I noticed that there is a 4x6 postcard option under the "Gifts" category and I understand it is popular. I would expect a standard 5x7 greeting card option to be equally if not more popular because it would offer the customer broader application (holidays, birthdays, etc.). In fact, greeting cards are probably the most often sold "side" item at art shows.

I am suggesting an additional print size option that could be labeled "5x7 Greeting Card", which would actually be a 10x7 print size "scored" in the middle for folding (a very common paper type). Here is an example of what I am talking about on my new site. Notice I have branded it on the back side, along with info about the image.

http://terryyarbrough.smugmug.com/gallery/468401/1/19128821

The printer - (EZPrints?) would simply stock scored 10x7 paper, along with associated envelopes. Does this appeal to anyone (other than me)?

Comments

• Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited April 12, 2005
    TYarbrough wrote:
    I am a new "pro user" and this is my first post, so forgive me if this has been asked before.

I noticed that there is a 4x6 postcard option under the "Gifts" category and I understand it is popular. I would expect a standard 5x7 greeting card option to be equally if not more popular because it would offer the customer broader application (holidays, birthdays, etc.). In fact, greeting cards are probably the most often sold "side" item at art shows.

I am suggesting an additional print size option that could be labeled "5x7 Greeting Card", which would actually be a 10x7 print size "scored" in the middle for folding (a very common paper type). Here is an example of what I am talking about on my new site. Notice I have branded it on the back side, along with info about the image.

http://terryyarbrough.smugmug.com/gallery/468401/1/19128821

The printer - (EZPrints?) would simply stock scored 10x7 paper, along with associated envelopes. Does this appeal to anyone (other than me)?
    I'm in... I would love to have available any and all types of greeting and note card options that ezprints and smugmug can offer together. This card thing seems to be a hot ticket for many photographers around and I would love to be on this bandwagon with smugmug's automated print fullfillment service as much as possible. If a couple of new options could be worked into the print option line-up, this would be great.

Have a good day.

-don

Another current thread of similar additions wanted is located here: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=9586
  • Options
    BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited April 12, 2005
    The spirit is definitely willing... We made an attempt at Christmas cards last November but couldn't get them as nice as we wanted, so we decided not to roll them out until we could do better.