Options

delay printing

TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
edited August 18, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
guys/gals

when i order prints from my smugmug there is this message when selecting shipping choice:
"The photographer has requested up to 4 business days of processing and printing time to get your order just right."

one of the photos are from a gallery i have set for 2 day delay, the others are set for 0 days.

why is this message stating 4 days?
Aaron Nelson

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2008
    guys/gals

when i order prints from my smugmug there is this message when selecting shipping choice:
    "The photographer has requested up to 4 business days of processing and printing time to get your order just right."

one of the photos are from a gallery i have set for 2 day delay, the others are set for 0 days.

why is this message stating 4 days?
    Why don't you order after you log in so you don't pay your set prices and
    there is no delay?
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited July 7, 2008
    Allen wrote:
    Why don't you order after you log in so you don't pay your set prices and
    there is no delay?
    i did order from my login and paid defalt prices set by smugmug.
    im more concerned that a customer will not like that message and backout of a order because they find 4 days not acceptable...or something like that....
    if i had all my galleries set to 0 days what would the message be? 0 days or 2 due to printing...?
    if its due to printing? why is it writen to say "The photographer has requested up to 4 business days of processing and printing time to get your order just right." that kinda makes me feel like i would be judged by a customer as very slow....
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2008
    i did order from my login and paid defalt prices set by smugmug.
    im more concerned that a customer will not like that message and backout of a order because they find 4 days not acceptable...or something like that....
    if i had all my galleries set to 0 days what would the message be? 0 days or 2 due to printing...?
    if its due to printing? why is it writen to say "The photographer has requested up to 4 business days of processing and printing time to get your order just right." that kinda makes me feel like i would be judged by a customer as very slow....
    It should state the longest delay set in any of the galleries the photos in the
    cart are from.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited July 8, 2008
    before i make another order i will verify all galleries are set to zero and i will see what happens
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited July 8, 2008
    Allen wrote:
    It should state the longest delay set in any of the galleries the photos in the
    cart are from.
    nope. we add 2 days to the longest proof delayed photo on your cart. its easier to say 9 days than "7 days for processing and 2 days for printing."

if you don't have any proof delay items in your cart, we just say 2-3 days processing and printing time.
    Pedal faster
  • Options
    edited July 8, 2008
    ok, thanks for that information.
    but i need further info..
    if i set all galleries to Zero delay, the customer will get a message stating:

"The photographer has requested up to 2-3 business days of processing and printing time to get your order just right."

or

"2-3 days processing and printing time"

i hope the latter, i certainly dont agree that the photog should have the delay credited toward them....

i havent used smugmug for printing and im now gearing up to use them...(hence the test prints from yesterday)
    my question is that it seemed there was not a 2-3 delay a year ago or so when i first tried smugmug, is this new due to you people growing or was there always a delay?
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited July 8, 2008
    ok, thanks for that information.
    but i need further info..
    if i set all galleries to Zero delay, the customer will get a message stating:

"The photographer has requested up to 2-3 business days of processing and printing time to get your order just right."

or

"2-3 days processing and printing time"

i hope the latter, i certainly dont agree that the photog should have the delay credited toward them....

i havent used smugmug for printing and im now gearing up to use them...(hence the test prints from yesterday)
    my question is that it seemed there was not a 2-3 delay a year ago or so when i first tried smugmug, is this new due to you people growing or was there always a delay?
    the latter

we are usually faster than 2-3 days for processing, but normal turnaround time is 2-3 days.
    Pedal faster
  • Options
    edited August 15, 2008
    bigwebguy,

ive been working for the past year to start my little adventure in large print sales off my smugmug site. its possiable that i may never see one sale, but i would hope to have my first after my first showing in april.

infact this week im starting to stock some more gallery wraps this time done through you. (your prices are just better, even with shipping)

let me get to the point, maybe its just me......and certainly i mean no offence; during check-out people receive this message as stated in earlier posts...

"The photographer has requested up to 4 business days of processing and printing time to get your order just right"

im sorry but this really/really annoys me.

shouldnt this message say? :

"please allow up to 4 business days of processing and printing time to get your order just right"

why am i annoyed? i look at it from a customers pov. and i feel this statment relects bad on me. and i simply do not like it.

k, so i needed to voice my opinion...and i hope you consider it...

thanks for the ear.... Aaron
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2008
    why am i annoyed? i look at it from a customers pov. and i feel this statment relects bad on me. and i simply do not like it.

k, so i needed to voice my opinion...and i hope you consider it...

thanks for the ear.... Aaron
    Heh why would it reflect bad on you? I do lots of sales, all with proof delay and not one customer has ever complained or thought I was a jerk :)
  • Options
    edited August 15, 2008
    Apologies, (im sure you have seen this reply a zillion times)(sorry)
    i did not try a gallery with zero delay, i was using a 2day delay gallery.

the gallery that has a zero deley day set the message is :
    "Please allow up to two business days before prints ship. Merchandise may take an additional day.
    Business days are Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. "

this is fine and great.

excuss the ring.

if i put a 2 day delay on a gallery im fine with it saying 4

i was more concerned with the zero delay galleries and i thought the delay message was associated with those.

btw, have a great weekend.......and also, fyi Andy my boy loves his first "big" camera...:D
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2008
    Apologies, (im sure you have seen this reply a zillion times)(sorry)
    i did not try a gallery with zero delay, i was using a 2day delay gallery.

the gallery that has a zero deley day set the message is :
    "Please allow up to two business days before prints ship. Merchandise may take an additional day.
    Business days are Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. "

this is fine and great.

excuss the ring.

if i put a 2 day delay on a gallery im fine with it saying 4

i was more concerned with the zero delay galleries and i thought the delay message was associated with those.

btw, have a great weekend.......and also, fyi Andy my boy loves his first "big" camera...:D
    w00p glad the camera got there wave.gif

Thx Aaron!
  • Options
    jwwjww Registered Users Posts: 449 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Heh why would it reflect bad on you? I do lots of sales, all with proof delay and not one customer has ever complained or thought I was a jerk :)

I agree... I have had some of my galleries set as high as a 5 day proof delay and not one customer has ever complained !

..and NONE have thought Andy was a jerk! rolleyes1.gif

Sorry Andy... I couldn't resist!!!