Options

Aug 16 wedding

urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
edited August 19, 2008 in Weddings
I still can't believe how mild the weather was Saturday, but I'll take it! A gorgeous day with a bit too much sunshine but a few well placed clouds helped out when needed. Anyhoo, here's a few of my faves. A challenging gig schedule wise, lots of time crunching and MIAs, but I think I'm finally getting the grace-under-fire thing and not letting 'em see me sweat!!! A good feeling.

1. A photo here I can't remember who or when said, "the feet are so expressive." Funny how those little seeds come to roost. This is with the 50mm 1.4 "stopped down" to 1.6. Even the berber carpet is bokeh! How did I live without this lens so long?353806178_JiSA6-L-1.jpg

2. Mulligan....next time put your arms up in it, too!
353806231_8tCY2-L-1.jpg

353806275_a9ush-L-1.jpg

4. Thought this was so cute! people don't seem to do this so much anymore...
353806333_hubrL-L-1.jpg

5. I :lust exit shots!!!
353836965_xeiLK-L.jpg

6. Please don't tell my insurance agent.
353806518_zdtWT-L-1.jpg

353806623_CfS2s-L-1.jpg

8. A little tilt-shift action.....yay or nay?
353806551_4ufSo-L-1.jpg

9. A little giggling while the pastor said the prayer :naughty!
353806742_P2mhT-L-1.jpg

10. The couples' two month old son in his own handmade tux....awwwww!
353806799_HzP7D-L-1.jpg

11. 50mm 1.4 is like butta.....or, chocolate cake.
353806868_9UxMs-L-1.jpg

353807063_KjwUg-L-1.jpg

13 (almost done guys promise!) the ring bearer was such a character all day. It was hard to pick just one of him to share with y'all!
353806961_LasL5-L-1.jpg

14. I *really* hope this couple gets engaged....and calls me. Aren't they cute together???
353807000_7zUC6-L-1.jpg

15. Last but not least....before I packed up, asked the groom if there was anything he could think of he wanted a shot of. He shyly asked me if I would be willing to do a few shots in their room upstairs. I was thrilled he felt comfortable to ask and instantly became nervous how to do something very quickly that was sensitive and NOT tacky. This was the only shot.
353807111_HYRoZ-L-1.jpg

I want to say a big THANK YOU to Dgrin for creating the wedding forum. I am so excited to be a part of this community. I usually go through and scout out big national photographers' blogs the night before a wedding for inspiration and I can honestly say, that this past Friday night the only place I had to go was through this forum! So kudos to everyone for participating and making this a GREAT place to learn and share. :clap:clap:clap:bow:bow:bow
Canon 5D MkI
50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers

Comments

• Options
    jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2008
    First, I want to second what you said abou DGRIN. I may very well be right where I began with my photography if not for the inspiration and feedback that has helped me learn so much. Thanks to everyone, moderators, and fellow shooters who make it what it is.

Now....

WOW!!!clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

1- You did this for my benifit huh?....the feet?....just kidding. It is an awesome capture, and really gives me lens envy. That is one that is on my list...but not a current priority. I bet I could use it more than my 85mm.

2-Very nice pj moment. I have always excused myself at this point in the dressing. looks like I am missing some fun shots.

3-Beautifully done. The framing seems a bit odd, but realizing you wanted the flower....its perfect. Eyes in focus...but trailing out of focus on the far eye. Just very well done....and skin tones like candy! (reflector?)

4-Yeah....I liked this tradition as well....but no one here does it anymore either. I like the shot..and its a keeper...but it pales next to #6. #6 is just that good!

5-Good grief!!! He is tall!!!....Nice exposure here. All of my bubbly exits have been at night! Lucky you!

6- Ahhhhh!

-Nissan should do a commercial based on that shot!

7-That is some SERIOUS scaffold work. Go enter it in the abstract challenge! quick!! I like it. Youve taken something otherwise ugly and used it instead of shying away and created a unique opportunity for youself. That is being on your toes!

8-Tilt shift idea...love it. But...

I have been experimenting with this look for awhile. I finally "think" I have it figured out. From my research...pouring over TS photos...you need a sliver of the photo in focus. A plane somewhere in there through the whole image. I don't see that here. I like what you have done, but to truely mimic that I use multiple blurred layers and gradient masks to give me some OOF foreground up to my sliver and OOF BG down to my sliver...then mask out the bride and groom....blur the mask(that's super important)..and voila.

Again. I like what you have here, but was looking for the in focus plane and saw none. Think...a focused strip across the ground between you and their feet.....upper bodies and heads sharp....tops of buildings sharp....blurry everything else.

Keep at it..i like where its going!

9- Way to pay attention!

10-skin tonesthumb.gif

15- He made an awesom decision to ask you to come up. Very tastfully done.

Sheesh Lynne... very inspirational. You never dissapoint.
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2008
    1. Wow - now that's a eye for detail. I like the shot. Is that the bride's feet?
    2. I gotta say I'm not liking this one at all - way too over-exposed for my taste. But, what do I know?ne_nau.gif
    3. That's some seriously sweet light. Love the eyes! I'm thinking this would go over really well B&W.
    4. Is cute. They don't do this much any more. I had a wedding on Sat as well where they dressed up the car - ulling empty beer cans, soap on the windows, the whole thing. I'll be posting the first few in a couple of days - I'm so far behind...
    5. Exit shot not showing :cry
    6. Both hands on the wheel at all times, girl! Nice shot!
    7. Not enough them?
    8. It's a start, but not there yet.
    9. Makes you wonder what the funny was that they were sharing....
    10. Is that the groom in the background? Love the look on his face - it really makes the photo
    11. This is cute, but taken too early. You might have waited until she was a real mess:D
    12. You had lots of light on this one. Did you get a photo with the bouquet in the air as well. That's also fun.
    13. The ring bearer is just too funny - love the look on his face. Nice capture. The B&W is the right way to do this one as well. Good choices all around!
    14. Yup - cute ... should make for some good additions to your portfolio
    15. That is the Coup de grâce of the set - well done. The groom had guts and huge dose of trust to ask you to do this for them. I'm soooo pleased for you that you were able to accomodate them with such a tasteful image - I just love it. However, I think I would crop the reflection on the right out though. It gives me the sense of an on-looker at a very intimate moment.
    That's a quick run through giving you my first impressions of the photos. You do have an eye for this, I'm so jealous :D
  • Options
    Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2008
    Shadow People...
    Over all, very nice...couple of things about 7 and 12.

While I like 12 and realize the lighting issues with such a large room...there are a couple of things that I'm concerned with.

One question...what are the green objects in number 12...on either side of the room?

If I could, I would Photoshop those out. The color in 12 and the front lighting on the guests is really good. However, you have some really long shadows across the bottom where the light balance is off and maybe this is necessary to light what you wanted. You have also over exposed the bride...the most important person in the room. Nice that the guests are well exposed...but the bride's dress has lost a lot of detail and gone white as well as part of her arm and as I looked at it a second time...her face...since she apears to be looking to camera right..is virtually gone.

Number 7...hmmm...nice scafolding. My personal on that shot is that if was going to shoot it, I would include more of the couple with a lot less scaffolding in the picture and use the metal frame behind them as just that...with possbly more blur on the background, since the scafolding is so busy. Notice that the brides hand sort of pops up out of nowhere...it should be connected to the elbow. It would have been nice to see his hands on her waist and more of her dress and her arm.

What were you using for lighting in the room in 12, if you don't mind telling us?

Just my two cents...
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • Options
    edited August 18, 2008
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    WOW!!!clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
    Aw, shucks! Thanks!
    1- You did this for my benifit huh?....the feet?....just kidding. It is an awesome capture, and really gives me lens envy. That is one that is on my list...but not a current priority. I bet I could use it more than my 85mm.

Was it you that had the feet comment? Huh, I didn't make the connection. :D I'm currently falling in love all over again with primes...the 40D makes using high ISOs (and focus accuracy using super thin DOF) a bit more palatable. Now if I could just swing the 14mm and the 135mm, I could get rid of the zooms altogether! Laughing.gif
    2-Very nice pj moment. I have always excused myself at this point in the dressing. looks like I am missing some fun shots.

You may talk with the bride about this beforehand. I recommend having the other girls all dressed first so they can be in the shot helping her. Then, she can get her crinoline/foundations on without you in the room and then shield her while you get in place. Stand on a chair with the WA while she gets under the dress. I don't think brides are any more or less wary about a girl or a guy in the dressing room...it's the camera that scares them. So just have a plan and assure her everything >PG will hit the cutting room floor if you happen to capture it.
    3-Beautifully done. The framing seems a bit odd, but realizing you wanted the flower....its perfect. Eyes in focus...but trailing out of focus on the far eye. Just very well done....and skin tones like candy! (reflector?)

Her headshots were VERY rushed (in the lobby!) and I wished I had not shot them so tight and I should have stopped down some. Yup, white reflector and THANKS on the skin tones!!! I rarely get that compliment so I'm going to take that one to the bank! :D
    5-Good grief!!! He is tall!!!....Nice exposure here. All of my bubbly exits have been at night! Lucky you!
    This was at high noon, so thank God for HSS! The perspective definitely exaggerated his height...look ma, I'm taller than the church!
    6- Ahhhhh! -Nissan should do a commercial based on that shot!

Thanks! Harry saw it while he was looking over my shoulder and he said without missing a beat "Red, stop!" I think that means he likes it too? I'm happy it turned out...it was sooo bright to shoot without fill flash....and thru my dirty windshield wasn't exactly ideal.rolleyes1.gif
    Youve taken something otherwise ugly and used it instead of shying away and created a unique opportunity for youself. That is being on your toes!

You know me...always trying to de-elegantize the bride! deal.gif I figured folks would have a strong reaction to it, just wasn't sure which way it would go. Real curious to see what the clients think of it!
    8-Tilt shift idea...love it. But...

I have been experimenting with this look for awhile. I finally "think" I have it figured out. From my research...pouring over TS photos...you need a sliver of the photo in focus. A plane somewhere in there through the whole image. I don't see that here. I like what you have done, but to truely mimic that I use multiple blurred layers and gradient masks to give me some OOF foreground up to my sliver and OOF BG down to my sliver...then mask out the bride and groom....blur the mask(that's super important)..and voila.

Again. I like what you have here, but was looking for the in focus plane and saw none. Think...a focused strip across the ground between you and their feet.....upper bodies and heads sharp....tops of buildings sharp....blurry everything else.

Keep at it..i like where its going!

I really appreciate your input on this! I was hoping for some thoughtful direction on this one. I did try a tilt-shift action where you do designate the sliver of the image that is in focus, and it's very difficult to get it larger than 1/10th of the frame width. So you can see the groom's face and the bricks under his feet are in focus, but it's almost like the blur starts too heavy too soon. I will try what you've suggested and probably holler if I don't do it quite right!
    10-skin tonesthumb.gif
    Double play!!! YAY window light again!
    15- He made an awesom decision to ask you to come up. Very tastfully done.
    Thank you!!! I appreciate your feedback on that one.
    Sheesh Lynne... very inspirational. You never dissapoint.
    Right back atcha! thumb.gif Thanks Jeff for such detailed crit!
    Canon 5D MkI
  • Options
    edited August 18, 2008
    1. Wow - now that's a eye for detail. I like the shot. Is that the bride's feet?
      Yep, while getting her hair done. Glad you like it!
    2. I gotta say I'm not liking this one at all - way too over-exposed for my taste. But, what do I know?ne_nau.gif
      yeah, I did edit that one rather quickly and went for very high contrast, but tried to keep her skin tones light. Hard to do sometimes when they're so tan! But I think you are absolutely correct in that the exposure can and should be brought down some in the lights/highlights.
    3. That's some seriously sweet light. Love the eyes! I'm thinking this would go over really well B&W.
      Thanks! I'm having such fun with the colors of the 40D that I'm just not doing as many! I bet this does work in BW. Any shots of her with her whole dress in BW...it's hard not to make her skin look "dark" if her dress is properly exposed (see #2! Laughing.gif)
    4. Is cute. They don't do this much any more. I had a wedding on Sat as well where they dressed up the car - ulling empty beer cans, soap on the windows, the whole thing. I'll be posting the first few in a couple of days - I'm so far behind...
      I am SO behind on my other shoots...I simply have no discipline when it comes to sharing post-shoot buzz. :bwg
    5. Exit shot not showing :cry
      Should be working now...whoops!!!!
    6. Both hands on the wheel at all times, girl! Nice shot!
    7. Not enough them?
      Their posture was so awkward in this shot with him being so tall, and her big dress between them...I just had to crop it out. So this either goes as-is or in the delete can. I love it when I see other photogs dare to use negative space in wedding shots I just can't decide if I pulled it off or not.
    8. It's a start, but not there yet.
      I'll take that as a "see Jeff's post above!" Aye, aye!
    9. Makes you wonder what the funny was that they were sharing....
      Yeah,
    10. Is that the groom in the background? Love the look on his face - it really makes the photo
      Yep, that's the happy family! I have so many of them in that sweet window light...
    11. This is cute, but taken too early. You might have waited until she was a real mess:D
      That IS the messiest shot, unfortunately! Maybe I can clone some of that cake on her face and make her messier?
    12. You had lots of light on this one. Did you get a photo with the bouquet in the air as well. That's also fun.
    [*]Hmmm, kind of like your doorknob shot....yeah...the midair shot....flashes didn't fire despite the extra battery packs. I got the "catch" and the "throw" though. :cry I am definitely looking for ways to improve this one. I'm shooting another event in this room soon and I struggle with the lighting b/c the room is SO huge.
    [*]That is the Coup de grâce of the set - well done. The groom had guts and huge dose of trust to ask you to do this for them. I'm soooo pleased for you that you were able to accomodate them with such a tasteful image - I just love it. However, I think I would crop the reflection on the right out though. It gives me the sense of an on-looker at a very intimate moment.

I am soooooo glad you guys are liking that shot. I was so nervous and they were, too. I kind of like the reflection but I will definitely give it another crop attempt. Seems like it adds a bit of interest/mystery...it's not my reflection it's theirs (right?) Thanks so much for your detailed blow-by-blow. I pored thru a few of your recent wedding threads and they helped me immensely. There were two separate times during the day I remember recalling a little gem of advice you gave, but of course now after the brain dump I can't remember what they were.....but they helped! Thanks!!!!
    Canon 5D MkI
  • Options
    edited August 18, 2008
    Wow - now that's a eye for detail. I like the shot. Is that the bride's feet?
    Yep, while getting her hair done. Glad you like it!
    I gotta say I'm not liking this one at all - way too over-exposed for my taste. But, what do I know?ne_nau.gif
    yeah, I did edit that one rather quickly and went for very high contrast, but tried to keep her skin tones light. Hard to do sometimes when they're so tan! But I think you are absolutely correct in that the exposure can and should be brought down some in the lights/highlights.
    That's some seriously sweet light. Love the eyes! I'm thinking this would go over really well B&W.
    Thanks! I'm having such fun with the colors of the 40D that I'm just not doing as many! I bet this does work in BW. Any shots of her with her whole dress in BW...it's hard not to make her skin look "dark" if her dress is properly exposed (see #2! Laughing.gif)
    Is cute. They don't do this much any more. I had a wedding on Sat as well where they dressed up the car - ulling empty beer cans, soap on the windows, the whole thing. I'll be posting the first few in a couple of days - I'm so far behind...
    I am SO behind on my other shoots...I simply have no discipline when it comes to sharing post-shoot buzz. :bwg
    Exit shot not showing :cry
    Should be working now...whoops!!!!
    Not enough them?
    Their posture was so awkward in this shot with him being so tall, and her big dress between them...I just had to crop it out. So this either goes as-is or in the delete can. I love it when I see other photogs dare to use negative space in wedding shots I just can't decide if I pulled it off or not.
      It's a start, but not there yet.
      I'll take that as a "see Jeff's post above!" Aye, aye!
      Makes you wonder what the funny was that they were sharing....
      Yeah, I am always looking for different perspectives of the toasts, and I am glad it finally paid off. They are tough to make look interesting and get everyone's reactions.
      Is that the groom in the background? Love the look on his face - it really makes the photo
      Yep, that's the happy family! I have so many of them in that sweet window light...
      This is cute, but taken too early. You might have waited until she was a real mess:D
      That IS the messiest shot, unfortunately! Maybe I can clone some of that cake on her face and make her messier?
      You had lots of light on this one. Did you get a photo with the bouquet in the air as well. That's also fun.
      Hmmm, kind of like your doorknob....yeah...the midair shot....flashes didn't fire despite the extra battery packs! Major bummer! I got the "catch" and the "throw" though. :cry I am definitely looking for ways to improve this one. I'm shooting another event in this room soon and I struggle with the lighting b/c the room is SO huge and the floor so reflective.
      That is the Coup de grâce of the set - well done. The groom had guts and huge dose of trust to ask you to do this for them. I'm soooo pleased for you that you were able to accomodate them with such a tasteful image - I just love it. However, I think I would crop the reflection on the right out though. It gives me the sense of an on-looker at a very intimate moment.

I am soooooo glad you guys are liking that shot. I was so nervous and they were, too. I kind of like the reflection but I will definitely give it another crop attempt. Seems like it adds a bit of interest/mystery...it's not my reflection it's theirs (right?) Thanks so much for your detailed blow-by-blow. I pored thru a few of your recent wedding threads and they helped me immensely. There were two separate times during the day I remember recalling a little gem of advice you gave, but of course now after the brain dump I can't remember what they were.....but they helped! Thanks!!!!
      Canon 5D MkI
    1. Options
      edited August 18, 2008
      Ed911 wrote:
      Over all, very nice...couple of things about 7 and 12.

While I like 12 and realize the lighting issues with such a large room...there are a couple of things that I'm concerned with.

One question...what are the green objects in number 12...on either side of the room?

The green objects are flash flare. Thanks for catching that. Will definitely clone out.
      If I could, I would Photoshop those out. The color in 12 and the front lighting on the guests is really good. However, you have some really long shadows across the bottom where the light balance is off and maybe this is necessary to light what you wanted. You have also over exposed the bride...the most important person in the room. Nice that the guests are well exposed...but the bride's dress has lost a lot of detail and gone white as well as part of her arm and as I looked at it a second time...her face...since she apears to be looking to camera right..is virtually gone.
      Thanks for your honest feedback. This was definitely the opposite problem of what I normally have.....there's such a large square footage that needs to be lit for the toss shots and it's usually pitch black. I was also happy to have enough room get the side angle. So clearly I was a bit too excited as I definitely fried the bride! :hide I might be able to recover some of the highlights but I dropped the ball. She was just too close to the lightstand, and I wasn't sure until the actual moment where she was going to stand at all, so I need to do a better job at directing. There's just no time to really adjust once they get into place. Thanks for your crit and any suggestions on balancing the light better would be most appreciated.
      What were you using for lighting in the room in 12, if you don't mind telling us?
      Not at all. Two unmodified 580ex's slaved to an ST-E2 on camera.
      Number 7...hmmm...nice scafolding. My personal on that shot is that if was going to shoot it, I would include more of the couple with a lot less scaffolding in the picture and use the metal frame behind them as just that...with possbly more blur on the background, since the scafolding is so busy. Notice that the brides hand sort of pops up out of nowhere...it should be connected to the elbow. It would have been nice to see his hands on her waist and more of her dress and her arm.

He was SO bent over and her arm so awkward, it just doesn't look right showing any more of them. I just loved their expressions and hated to trash it. There are a few others that are much more about them (shot with a much smaller DOF) and they are fine; I am just on the fence about this one and was interested in feedback here. Thanks so much!
      Canon 5D MkI
    2. Options
      LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
      edited August 18, 2008
      First: bowdown.gifbowdown.gif

#8 and #15 are my faves. #15 is just amazing. I agree about the shadow in the corner looking like a snooper and think it would look better (more intimate) with it cropped out. :D

For #7, have you tried cropping out the left side closer to his shoulder? I covered it with my hand and it seemed to make the composition stronger--their pose balances with the repeating corners in the upper right and made the whole thing more dynamic, at least in my eyes. ne_nau.gif

This just makes me even more eager for November. wings.gif
    3. Options
      edited August 18, 2008
      Llywellyn wrote:
      First: bowdown.gifbowdown.gif

#8 and #15 are my faves. #15 is just amazing. I agree about the shadow in the corner looking like a snooper and think it would look better (more intimate) with it cropped out. :D

For #7, have you tried cropping out the left side closer to his shoulder? I covered it with my hand and it seemed to make the composition stronger--their pose balances with the repeating corners in the upper right and made the whole thing more dynamic, at least in my eyes. ne_nau.gif

This just makes me even more eager for November. wings.gif

A bow? Two bows?? I'm not Worthy!!!!! Laughing.gif!!!!

So you like 8, eh? I'm anxious to work on the T/S effect and I'm glad you guys think it will be worth the while...that it has some potential. Yay for BW city scapes!

Great suggestion on 7. I also thought about totally editing out her hand, should be easy enough on the black tux. I'll definitely post my redux's here. (Please edit my grammar re: the plural of "redux". Is it reduxes?)

I got two votes for zapping the reflection so I'll definitely try it! Thanks for weighing in on that one.

And yes, the reception in this series is the location of the ceremony AND the reception in the Nov. wedding. It's gonna be cool!

Thanks for stopping by, Kerry!
      Canon 5D MkI
    4. Options
      ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
      edited August 18, 2008
      Oh Lynne, what a great set! I wish I had more time to be more thorough, but I will say that my faves are 5, 8, 10, 12, 15. Glad you're having fun with your new gear! Love seeing your work!
      Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
    5. Options
      edited August 18, 2008
      Let's talk about #12 some more....!!!

Is it possible that you needed HSS there?

If you were shooting manual, and using STE2 and ETTL.....then...maybe with all the ambient light?

Dig up the EXIF and see what the shutter speed was.

I am just curious. I have moved from dark...to light...and forgotten to hit HSS and blown shots myself. I make it a habit now to just set HSS regardless of where I am and the light conditions....and why not?....I wish HSS were the default!

Using the 580 in ETTL I have never had a problem with blown highlights. They are usually pretty good about that....er...unless the camera needs a high shutter speed for a correct exposure, but is locked at 1/250 because I forgot to enable HSS.

Either way it is a beautiful capture, and the extra light on the bride draws the eye. I like it.ne_nau.gif
    6. Options
      edited August 18, 2008
      jeffreaux2 wrote:
      Let's talk about #12 some more....!!!

Is it possible that you needed HSS there?

If you were shooting manual, and using STE2 and ETTL.....then...maybe with all the ambient light?

Dig up the EXIF and see what the shutter speed was.

I am just curious. I have moved from dark...to light...and forgotten to hit HSS and blown shots myself. I make it a habit now to just set HSS regardless of where I am and the light conditions....and why not?....I wish HSS were the default!

Using the 580 in ETTL I have never had a problem with blown highlights. They are usually pretty good about that....er...unless the camera needs a high shutter speed for a correct exposure, but is locked at 1/250 because I forgot to enable HSS.

Either way it is a beautiful capture, and the extra light on the bride draws the eye. I like it.ne_nau.gif

Ah, Jeff...you're so sweet to humor me on this!

The exif may or may not shed light :D on the issue. Quite honestly, I remember frantically checking that I was in position for the flashes to be in the line of sight of the STE2 and fire than I was how hot they flashed. Sloppy!

ISO800, 17mm, 1/200, f5, manual.
      Canon 5D MkI
    7. Options
      AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
      edited August 18, 2008
      LOVE these series!!! very cool stuff & great PS work!!! iloveyou.giflustiloveyou.gif The only photo I don't quite agree with is #7 ... I think it's a bit over sharpened, and I would have maybe done a vertical crop (with more ceiling)

I think my favorite is #10 .... looks like a wonderful moment! ... Love the sky in all of them thumb.gif ... and #12 is just awesome (I always screw this one up)

clap.gif
    8. Options
      edited August 18, 2008
      for Scott :)
      two re-works....any better?

2"B"
      354568171_JpqEf-M-1.jpg

15B. You guys have great eyes. I am really loving the new composition here!!! THANKS!!!
      354570565_WWYkA-M-1.jpg
      Canon 5D MkI
    9. Options
      edited August 18, 2008
      Elaine wrote:
      Oh Lynne, what a great set! I wish I had more time to be more thorough, but I will say that my faves are 5, 8, 10, 12, 15. Glad you're having fun with your new gear! Love seeing your work!

Ahhh, thanks for stopping by Elaine!!! Lovin' the 40d just like you! :D
      Canon 5D MkI
    10. Options
      edited August 18, 2008
      Agnieszka wrote:
      LOVE these series!!! very cool stuff & great PS work!!! iloveyou.giflustiloveyou.gif The only photo I don't quite agree with is #7 ... I think it's a bit over sharpened, and I would have maybe done a vertical crop (with more ceiling)

I think my favorite is #10 .... looks like a wonderful moment! ... Love the sky in all of them thumb.gif ... and #12 is just awesome (I always screw this one up)

clap.gif

Thanks Angie!!!! I'm glad my skies pass in your book, that is great news!!! mwink.gif I didn't sharpen 7 at all in PS, but there is some clarity added in LR along with the vintage processing. I am still trying different crops but hadn't even considered the vertical! It's such a small crop of a larger vertical photo to begin with...but I'll try it!

I am so excited to share #10 with them....and all the cute ones like it!

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who struggles with the big toss shots. Thanks again for commenting! thumb.gif
      Canon 5D MkI
    11. Options
      AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
      edited August 18, 2008
      urbanaries wrote:
      Thanks Angie!!!! I'm glad my skies pass in your book, that is great news!!! mwink.gif I didn't sharpen 7 at all in PS, but there is some clarity added in LR along with the vintage processing. I am still trying different crops but hadn't even considered the vertical! It's such a small crop of a larger vertical photo to begin with...but I'll try it!

I am so excited to share #10 with them....and all the cute ones like it!

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who struggles with the big toss shots. Thanks again for commenting! thumb.gif

def. get a feeling the bouquet toss tradition was made by a guy that hated photographers rolleyes1.gif AWESOME shots & the sky rocks!!! thumb.gif
    12. Options
      Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
      edited August 19, 2008
      urbanaries wrote:
      two re-works....any better?

2"B"
      354568171_JpqEf-S-1.jpg

15B. You guys have great eyes. I am really loving the new composition here!!! THANKS!!!
      354570565_WWYkA-S-1.jpg
      Oh yeah, these are much better.

The first of these - I can actually see what's going on now. thumb.gif

As for the second - yes, yes, yes! The composition is much better (they're not so centered as they were before) and now the pillow makes a much stronger statement as well. This is soooo much more intimate than the first one, there's no comparison!bowdown.gifbow
    13. Options
      LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
      edited August 19, 2008
      Woop! 15B is perfect! clap.gif
    14. Options
      edited August 19, 2008
      Llywellyn wrote:
      Woop! 15B is perfect! clap.gif

Thanks to you!!! :ivar
      Canon 5D MkI
    15. Options
      SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
      edited August 19, 2008
      Got to the party a bit late......excellent fixes, excellent photos, excellent variety. Some are processed in your PJ style (which I like alot) and certainly add an emotion to them that way. Nice work Lynne! Clients will love em.
      Swartzy:
      NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
      Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
      www.daveswartz.com
      Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
    16. Options
      heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
      edited August 19, 2008
      I love all of them, Lynne! I am glad you reworked the ones you did, because my first impressions of them were about the same as everyone else. Great shots, needing improvement but with lots of potential. And now you have shown us how great they can be! Excellent job on the PP and listening to feedback!
    17. Options
      edited August 19, 2008
      Swartzy wrote:
      Got to the party a bit late......excellent fixes, excellent photos, excellent variety. Some are processed in your PJ style (which I like alot) and certainly add an emotion to them that way. Nice work Lynne! Clients will love em.

Thanks David!!! I'm glad I didn't alienate you on this set with my craziness! :D
      Canon 5D MkI
    18. Options
      edited August 19, 2008
      I love all of them, Lynne! I am glad you reworked the ones you did, because my first impressions of them were about the same as everyone else. Great shots, needing improvement but with lots of potential. And now you have shown us how great they can be! Excellent job on the PP and listening to feedback!

Thanks, Heather! Isn't that the great thing about Dgrin? I must admit I was pretty hasty in editing a first blush set to get up here, and looking back I'm glad I was, because I received some GREAT feedback I might not have otherwise.

Thanks for commenting!!! I didn't quite get the "deliriously happy couple" shots you did in your last set, but I sure tried! rolleyes1.gif
      Canon 5D MkI
    19. Options
      edited August 19, 2008
      urbanaries wrote:
      Ah, Jeff...you're so sweet to humor me on this!

The exif may or may not shed light :D on the issue. Quite honestly, I remember frantically checking that I was in position for the flashes to be in the line of sight of the STE2 and fire than I was how hot they flashed. Sloppy!

ISO800, 17mm, 1/200, f5, manual.

I like the two reworks.

-If your SS was 1/200, then the lack of HSS did not bite you. Your max synch is 1/250.

-I was just curious.

Either way, one of the lovliest toss shots I've seen!