Options

paypal checkout...

troyer16troyer16 Registered Users Posts: 10 Beginner grinner
edited August 19, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
OK ive searched for about an hour here looking for how to add a paypal checkout to my smug mug. I want to handle my own printing and stuff so thats the reason. Any help?

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2008
    Sure. It's rather easy :)

Go to paypal, set up your code. Copy the code, paste into SmugMug (like in a a gallery description, or a caption, depending on what & how you're implementing it).

Put the paypal code in between html tags like this:

<html>

(paypal code here)

</html>

Example: http://www.moonriverphotography.com/gallery/830860_WaToT
  • Options
    edited July 19, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Sure. It's rather easy :)

Go to paypal, set up your code. Copy the code, paste into SmugMug (like in a a gallery description, or a caption, depending on what & how you're implementing it).

Put the paypal code in between html tags like this:

<html>

(paypal code here)

</html>

Example: http://www.moonriverphotography.com/gallery/830860_WaToT
    thank you. i think i am doing something wrong. i get the button there but then if you click on it it just brings you to the main paypal page.
  • Options
    edited July 19, 2008
    troyer16 wrote:
    thank you. i think i am doing something wrong. i get the button there but then if you click on it it just brings you to the main paypal page.
    got it:)
  • Options
    SqueezerSqueezer Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
    edited August 19, 2008
    The problem is though there is there is no automated way for them to select the prints/digital downloads and then checkout using Paypal.

Paypal is only good for generic "deposits for photoshoots" or other stuff. If someone wanted to purchase a Digital Download using Paypal they would need to specify the image they wanted - pay using paypal and then the photographer would need to transfer the image to the purchaser manually.

If you could implement a semi automated digital download and pay using paypal using the currency of your choice ( in my case $AU ) then my sales would increase substantially.

Everyone ( except 1 person ) refuses to purchase photos from my smugmug account using USD$ and it is painfull presently to get them their products manually - it defeats the purpose of having a Pro account