Options

Quick settings w/in gallery customization

J.T.J.T. Registered Users Posts: 279 Major grins
edited August 20, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I am attempting to save a new set of quick settings for my gallery customization but for some reason when I click "save", it is not saving.

The name shows up when I start typing but won't save. When I go to a different gallery and check it to see if it took, it's not there.

I have a similar gallery setting with the same amount of letters and similar characters and that saved but the one I am trying won't.

Is there a limit as to how many quick settings you can have? I only have 3+the smug default.

Thanks.
John "J.T."
http://johnthiele.smugmug.com

Nikon D80 w/MB-D80 vertical grip
Tokina 50-135 f/2.8
Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D
Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G
Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR

RPS Studio Rotating Flash Bracket

SB 600

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter." -- Ansel Adams

Comments

• Options
    richWrichW Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2008
    J.T. wrote:
    I am attempting to save a new set of quick settings for my gallery customization but for some reason when I click "save", it is not saving.

The name shows up when I start typing but won't save. When I go to a different gallery and check it to see if it took, it's not there.

I have a similar gallery setting with the same amount of letters and similar characters and that saved but the one I am trying won't.

Is there a limit as to how many quick settings you can have? I only have 3+the smug default.

Thanks.
    We do have an open 'bug' that when you try to save a 'quick setting' with a parenthesis or apostrophes in the password hint field the setting won't save. Could this be the issue for you?
  • Options
    J.T.J.T. Registered Users Posts: 279 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2008
    Well I have a similar quick setting with parenthesis so I'm not sure why that took and this one won't. The only change is one word, CLIENT instead of FAMILY. There is a dash in it too, but the other quick setting that took also has a dash. I'll play around with it more. Thanks.

EDIT/ADD:

I re-read your reply and you mentioned that there is a bug if you have a parenthesis or apostrophe in the PASSWORD phrase. Did you mean the quick setting or password hint field?

Those are obviously two separate things. So no matter what my quick setting is, if there is an apostrope or parenthesis in the password hint, the quick setting won't take?

richW wrote:
    We do have an open 'bug' that when you try to save a 'quick setting' with a parenthesis or apostrophes in the password hint field the setting won't save. Could this be the issue for you?
    John "J.T."
    http://johnthiele.smugmug.com

Nikon D80 w/MB-D80 vertical grip
    Tokina 50-135 f/2.8
    Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D
    Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G
    Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR

RPS Studio Rotating Flash Bracket

SB 600

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter." -- Ansel Adams